Together We Can Fight Rising Gas Prices

NBF

Just passing on some information here:

"We can make a difference and we need to be unified on this one. Are you in????
#
GAS WAR
STARTS MAY 1st 2012
#
THIS IS NOT THE 'DON'T BUY' GAS FOR
ONE DAY, BUT IT WILL SHOW YOU HOW
WE CAN GET GAS BACK DOWN TO
$1.00 PER GALLON.

This was sent by a retired Coca Cola executive.
It came from one of his engineer buddies who retired from Haliburton. If you are tired of the gas prices going up
AND they will continue to rise this summer,
take time to read this please.

Phillip Hollsworth offered this good idea.
This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the
"don't buy gas on a certain day" campaign
that was going around last April or May!
It's worth your consideration. Join the resistance!!!!

I hear we are going to hit close to $ 5.00 a gallon
by this summer and it might go higher!! Want
gasoline prices to come down?

We need to take some intelligent, united action.
The oil companies just laughed at that
because they knew we wouldn't continue
to "hurt" ourselves by refusing to buy gas ...

It was more of an inconvenience to us
than it was a problem for them. BUT,
whoever thought of this idea, has come
up with a plan that can Really work.
Please read on and join with us!

By now you're probably thinking gasoline
priced at about $.99 is super cheap. Me too!
It is currently $3.85 at Costco and Sam's for
regular unleaded in Phx. and Prescott and
climbing every week.

Now that the oil companies and the OPEC
nations have conditioned us to think that the
cost of a gallon of gas is CHEAP at $3.87 to 3.99,
we need to take aggressive action to teach
them that BUYERS control the marketplace..
not sellers.

With the price of gasoline going up more
each day, we consumers need to take action.

The only way we are going to see the price of gas
come down is if we hit someone in the pocketbook
by not purchasing their gas! And, we can do
that WITHOUT hurting ourselves.

How? Since we all rely on our cars, we can't
just stop buying gas.

But we CAN have an impact on gas prices if
we all act together to force a price war.

Here's the idea: For the rest of this year,
DON'T purchase ANY gasoline from the
two biggest companies (which now are one),
Shell,Chevron, and Exxon.

If they are not selling any gas, they will be inclined
to reduce their prices. If they reduce their
prices, the other companies will have to follow suit.

But to have an impact, we need to reach literall
y millions of these high priced gas buyers.
It's really simple to do! Now, don't wimp out
on me at this point...keep reading and I'll explain
how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I am sending this note to 30 people. If each of us
send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300) ... and
those 300 send it to at least ten more
(300 x 10 = 3,000)... and so on, by the time the
message reaches the sixth group of people, we
will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers .
If those three million get excited and pass this on
to ten friends each, then 30 million people will
have been contacted!

If it goes one level further, you guessed it.....
THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!

Again, all you have to do is send this to 10 people.
That's all!

How long would all that take? If each of us sends
this e-mail out to ten more people within one day of
receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably
be contacted within the next 8 days!
Acting together we can make a difference.

If this makes sense to you, please pass this message
on. I suggest that we not buy from Shell Chevron
or Exxon UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE
$.99 RANGE AND KEEP THEM DOWN. THIS CAN
REALLY WORK.
REMEMBER – STARTING
MAY 1st NO GAS
FROM
CHEVRON / EXXON / SHELL
#
(why wait till then, get into the habit by
starting now) THANK YOU !"
#
#

Bay_Kat

Tropical
That would be great, but the three listed are the only ones near my house. I do have a BP not horribly far away, usually the cheapest, just not the closest. Are they okay to buy from?

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
This method won't really work. Gasoline is what is known as a fungible commodity, something whose origin is difficult, if not impossible, to tell. One refinery is likely supplying 3, 4 or more different brands. The pipelines carry the "raw" gas and each company's additives are added at the storage terminals, quite often as the delivery tankers are being loaded.

So, the fuel you buy at Charlie's Gas n Grub could very well be from the exact same run as Bunyon's Exxon down the block.

One way to bring down the price is to build more east coast refineries to process American produced petroleum,as well as pipelines to transport the crude and finished products.

There is a huge surplus of refined petroleum being exported from US processors from the Gulf Coast area to Central and South America because folks on the east coast have such a NIMBY attitude about refineries and pipelines, which is why the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic regions have to import petroleum products.

This, and using what we have more wisely.

I used to own a pickup, but when I was looking to replace it after I got t-boned a couple years ago, I looked at my transport needs much more realistically. I now drive a Pontiac Vibe, which gives me 30 mpg as opposed to 20 mpg, and handles 95% of what I thought I needed the truck for...the other 5%, I can rent the capability, or do without.

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
This method won't really work. Gasoline is what is known as a fungible commodity, something whose origin is difficult, if not impossible, to tell. One refinery is likely supplying 3, 4 or more different brands. The pipelines carry the "raw" gas and each company's additives are added at the storage terminals, quite often as the delivery tankers are being loaded.

So, the fuel you buy at Charlie's Gas n Grub could very well be from the exact same run as Bunyon's Exxon down the block.

One way to bring down the price is to build more east coast refineries to process American produced petroleum,as well as pipelines to transport the crude and finished products.

There is a huge surplus of refined petroleum being exported from US processors from the Gulf Coast area to Central and South America because folks on the east coast have such a NIMBY attitude about refineries and pipelines, which is why the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic regions have to import petroleum products.

I used to own a pickup, but when I was looking to replace it after I got t-boned a couple years ago, I looked at my transport needs much more realistically. I now drive a Pontiac Vibe, which gives me 30 mpg as opposed to 20 mpg, and handles 95% of what I thought I needed the truck for...the other 5%, I can rent the capability, or do without.

Yeah, my dad works at an oil company in Houston. All the gas the companies sell is the same gas, and they sell to each other. If one company has a surplus, they will sell it to the other company. For gas prices to go down step one would be to take the "speculation" out of the process. There's no reason for prices to go up a dollar because a warlord in Africa shoots a bunch of people.

dave1959

One way to bring down the price is to build more east coast refineries to process American produced petroleum,as well as pipelines to transport the crude and finished products.There is a huge surplus of refined petroleum being exported from US processors from the Gulf Coast area to Central and South America because folks on the east coast have such a NIMBY attitude about refineries and pipelines, which is why the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic regions have to import petroleum products.

The only problem with this is that 3 refineries on the east coast have shut down recently. A product of our reduction in gasoline usage, It is no longer profitable to refine gasoline....So much for the conservation argument..Maybe we should use more???

High EGT

Gort! Klaatu barada nikto
A False E-Rumor

What you have here is an fictional old e-rumor thats been dressed up a little to appear current with the price of gas. NBF should do some home work and not be gullable before posting this stuff as fact.

Boycott Exxon and Mobil?-Fiction!

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
The only problem with this is that 3 refineries on the east coast have shut down recently. A product of our reduction in gasoline usage, It is no longer profitable to refine gasoline....So much for the conservation argument..Maybe we should use more???

This is an update for me. Isn't it a shame that imports cost less than producing our own?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
This is an update for me. Isn't it a shame that imports cost less than producing our own?

uh..we are a net exporter of refined fuels, including gasoline.:eyebrow:

That said, as more refineries close down, we will probably cease to produce a surplus soon enough.

What we do import a lot of is crude oil..and it is the cost of the oil that affects gas prices by far the most, not all the other factors and certainly not the poor sap that is selling it at his pumps or even the wholesaler that puts it in to his pump tanks.

Last edited: