Things to do along the water

rubberbandheart

I have a friend visiting and we just want to walk somewhere nice where there's some water. We've been to Calvert Cliffs and the small area in Leonardtown. I'm looking for other ideas of places that are open in the St.Mary's/Calvert area to go. Believe it or not, many sites are not open today!! :( Any suggestions? Thanks!

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
I have a friend visiting and we just want to walk somewhere nice where there's some water. We've been to Calvert Cliffs and the small area in Leonardtown. I'm looking for other ideas of places that are open in the St.Mary's/Calvert area to go. Believe it or not, many sites are not open today!! :( Any suggestions? Thanks!

Elms Beach and Pt. Lookout State Park.

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
Flag Ponds.

:yeahthat:

Great place to go. There is a small fee per car ($5 or $6, I believe) but it is well worth it.

Or, in northern Calvert -- Breezy Point Beach, Brownie's Beach (Chesapeake Beach) or North Beach. North Beach's fees don't kick in until later in the month. Not sure about the other two.

daylily

no longer CalvertNewbie
I love the North Beach boardwalk. There are a bunch of little shops around town and restaurants to grab a bite to eat or some coffee.

TPD

the poor dad
Chicken necking at Pt. Lookout? No wait, that's what I am doing - don't want to share! Go hiking around St. Mary's Lake.

TPD

the poor dad
Thanks for all the suggestions! We actually just decided to trek down to Colonial Beach. Great day for it!

Did you go to Wilkerson's Seafood for lunch? Love that place! We have made the 90 minute drive numerous times on a Sunday afternoon just to eat there.