Looking to get crabs today

buddscreekman

Today looks to be beautiful and I'd love to get a bushel this morning. Anyone able to hook me up? Only place I know of is Kellams and Chesapeake Bounty - just shopping around to find a good price. I'm a little hesitant to buy them right now since I've always thought the first ones in the spring are pretty empty. Maybe I'm wrong?

RPMDAD

Not sure about your area, but for the price Mels is charging they had better be good and full, his prices were running 80 for small females to 236 a bushel for so called Super Junbos.

Mels Crabs

buddscreekman

Wound up getting a pound of already picked local crab. Figured odds are any I got would be light so it would take me forever to pull a pound of meat out anyway.

And yes,I said "crabs" and "pull out a pound of meat" you sickos.:jet:

Catman2

Wound up getting a pound of already picked local crab. Figured odds are any I got would be light so it would take me forever to pull a pound of meat out anyway.

And yes,I said "crabs" and "pull out a pound of meat" you sickos.:jet:

Yep.....the pound was the way to go....make cakes and you won't have to whine about early crabs.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Takes me back to the late 60's when we would visit my grandparents in Aberdeen. Our step grandfather would take us up to Havre de Grace, we would grab sticks, walk out in the mud barefooted, and just pop them out of the mud.

What a blast. Although I really did not appreciate crab at that time, it is still one of the funnest memories I have of Ralph, my step-grandad.

Great dude. He worked his entire career at APG as an ET.

Plus that Winchester .22 Hornet, with scope, he gave me still rocks. That thing is 58 years old, my age.