Protesters at PAX gate

Homer J

Power Chord
Saw them when I came in about 5:30 this morning. The only thing I could read on one of the signs was something about collective bargaining so I'm assuming it's some union thing.

Chuckleheads were walking back and forth across the road too. I didn't think they were allowed to obstruct traffic which they were doing.

STAR 98.3 was reporting that it is Lockheed-Martin workers on strike. Apparently they have yet to receive a contract renewal they agree upon.

Hang tight, ya'll... I'm sure budding journalist AndyMarquis is racing to the scene as we speak. Misinformation to be posted to our local news site shortly!

Last edited:

CrashTest

STAR 98.3 was reporting that it is Lockheed-Martin workers on strike. Apparently they have yet to receive a contract renewal they agree upon.

According to 98.3, a 3% annual pay raise each year for the duration of the contract, a $3000 signing bonus, and some increased retirement benfits were not enough so now they are striking. Apparently, the Executive Leadership makes too much and the rank and file wants some of it.

Dev

Anti-theist
This have anything to do with the sign posted outside Gate 2? I couldn't read the whole thing when I went by, but I think it was something about LM employees not being allowed to use gate 2 and that they should go to gate 3 instead.

kayakangler

FISH OR DIE
Wow

some one mentioned this to me this morning at work.. so i came here... i can always count on this forum to know whats going on.. LOL

According to 98.3, a 3% annual pay raise each year for the duration of the contract, a $3000 signing bonus, and some increased retirement benfits were not enough so now they are striking. Apparently, the Executive Leadership makes too much and the rank and file wants some of it.

My boss tells me it's the JSF maintenance team. Contract is up for renewal.

dave1959

?@#ck unions... tell them if they are not happy go find another job that will give them what they want...

struggler44

A Salute to all on Watch

Bob Stevens is one of Obama's boys now, maybe he should share the wealth before making recommendations on stimulus

C

czygvtwkr

They were blocking the road this morning, traffic backed all the way up to 235 at 615 this morning.