Recommendation for Fencing Company?

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
So, I see that McGee's is a sponsor of this website, and I do notice a lot of Massey signs on fences around town, but that's about all the information I have to go on right now.

Has anyone had work done recently that can offer an opinion on who may be the best price / performance installer for wood fencing?

Also, if you received quotes from multiple vendors I would love to know who the outliers were (cheapest vs most expensive), and I don't mind if you would wish to PM it to me rather than mention it on the forum.

I realize everyone's installation is different and prices / service will vary. I am just looking for a good place to start (I unfortunately don't have the time to get multiple quotes myself).

Thank you in advance.

Thomas Fence
Joe (301) 769-2274
THOMAS FENCE Fence Contractors And Builders - Bushwood, MD - Thomas Fence Co

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Last year when I was looking for quotes I received two. One from Massey and the other from Thomas. I thought Massey was very professional and their cost was very reasonable and w/in my budget. Thomas was more interested in slamming the competition. Thomas' rate was a few thousand over Massey.

calvcopf

I recently got quotes from Long Fence and McGee. Long was a little more expensive, but they seemed more professional and offered financing options (15 months same as cash, etc). McGee seemed like they discouraged financing and he actually added more money to the price of the fence if we wanted to use their financing! We chose Long Fence. We are now waiting for the install, which they said will be about 20 days.

calvcopf

We also got a quote from Home Depot for the installation and they were more expensive than McGee or Long.

renegadeslave

Obsidian Salamander
Just had 250' of wood privacy fence put up by Clinton in January. Took them four days. The only problem I had with the service is that no one called me to see if I was satisfied (not that I wasn't).

Their price was about the same as Massey and Thomas.

Peter Forsberg

First question I would as is if they use any Fiberon products. If they do, I would thank them for their time, tell them have a nice day and move on.

My Fiberon deck in 9/09 vs 10/11 (water thrown on deck to show contrast).

My deck is NOT faded per Fiberon. I'm getting older and my eyes aren't what they once were but seems like it is faded to me...
Not to mentin that stuff ain't cheap!

BOP

Just had 250' of wood privacy fence put up by Clinton in January. Took them four days. The only problem I had with the service is that no one called me to see if I was satisfied (not that I wasn't).

Their price was about the same as Massey and Thomas.

Welcome to Southern Maryland, where most of the population seems to be on cell phones, but they don't actually call anyone.

Peter Forsberg

They told me it would "only" be $4689.23 to replace the planks. I said that is amazing, our numbers are "only" $4689.23 off on what I think I should pay to replace a 25 month old deck that I was told would last 20 years. They failed to see the humor. I failed to have them replace the deck with more Fiberon Decking for $4689.23.

ps- the mold is from me not wanting to touch it while dealing with these people, I didn't want any thing to come back against me or any product I used to clean it. In the end none of that matter since it is not, according to Marie Isenhour of Fiberon Decking, faded.
That sucks Mark. I mean they sale pitch no mantinance and all and the crap and fades on you.

animalluvr4life

animal luvr
Last year when I was looking for quotes I received two. One from Massey and the other from Thomas. I thought Massey was very professional and their cost was very reasonable and w/in my budget. Thomas was more interested in slamming the competition. Thomas' rate was a few thousand over Massey.

I agree with chasey.. Massey did wonderful job with the 2 fences we had put up in 2 different locations and they also gave us a good price. Everytime we have had an issue with the fences they have come and fixed it and in a timely manner too.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
I agree with chasey.. Massey did wonderful job with the 2 fences we had put up in 2 different locations and they also gave us a good price. Everytime we have had an issue with the fences they have come and fixed it and in a timely manner too.

Old thread I know... but I hope the quality of work hasn't changed. My husband just hired them to put up a fence for us. Our hard headed dogs, actually our oldest dog is becoming hard headed and the youngest one follows her lead, have been leaving our front yard, whereas before, they used to stay within boundaries. We decided to extend our preexisting fence another 210 feet before one or both of them get hit by a car. They gave us a 2-4 week time frame.