Co Co Cantina

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Anyone heard anything about it?

Liquor application in todays paper... Address listed is Corporate Drive. (Kohl's shopping center?)

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Isn't Corporate Drive the main entrance in to IHOP and DCS? Which would also mean that it "might" be the entrance in to the old Lonestar?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Isn't Corporate Drive the main entrance in to IHOP and DCS? Which would also mean that it "might" be the entrance in to the old Lonestar?

I think you may be right, I was thinking NFCU was on Corporate Drive.

BethAnnNoNO

hope its not the same old same old

CoCo Cantina is in the old lonestar building! Was in Linda's Cafe the other day talking with Linda and she says that her daughter is opening the new restaurant there. She says it is mexican with a twist, making things like gourmet tacos, 8 different types of frozen fresh fruit drinks, infused liquors, spit roasted chickens, and fresh cheeses. Sounded interesting. I think we need something different in the area. I am tired of gringo mexican. She was guessing that they are opening at the end of may.

Check out there facebook page. Linda has little flyers in the cafe

Coco Cantina - Restaurant/Cafe - Lexington Park, MD | Facebook

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
CoCo Cantina is in the old lonestar building! Was in Linda's Cafe the other day talking with Linda and she says that her daughter is opening the new restaurant there. She says it is mexican with a twist, making things like gourmet tacos, 8 different types of frozen fresh fruit drinks, infused liquors, spit roasted chickens, and fresh cheeses. Sounded interesting. I think we need something different in the area. I am tired of gringo mexican. She was guessing that they are opening at the end of may.

Check out there facebook page. Linda has little flyers in the cafe

Coco Cantina - Restaurant/Cafe - Lexington Park, MD | Facebook

Thanks!

DEEKAYPEE8569

Save Your Money

Good because I love it when a new non-chain restaurant opens up. Good luck, Melissa!!

Went there tonight. Service was good. Our server was attentive, but not overly so.

B side.....it's expensive for what you get; and what you get is not that great.
Taco Bell is better than this place IMO.
Made me wish we had gone to L'town and Salsa's.

That said, maybe it's a newbie thing. Maybe things will improve.

Last edited:

Myuzishin

I went there last weekend, had a couple beers and got some food to go. Can't say I was all that impressed. Meat (steak and chicken) was dry and the tortillas just kinda broke in half when wrapping food in them. Sides were better than the main. I've heard from a couple friends who went this week that they didn't have a very good experience either.

Growing pains, maybe. Hopefully they pay attention to their critics and improve, but honestly I'd rather have the Lonestar back.

somdfunguy

not impressed
Wirelessly posted (Samsung Galaxy III )

Didn't the owner also have two other failed restaurants? I heard, or maybe read on here, he was the owner of catamarans and something else.

cococantina

Growing pains to say the least

Thanks for the good and bad reviews that we have received for our new ventures. Growing pains have been terrible with our opening and after 10 days we are finally seeing the light. We have taken the criticism such as meat over cooked, lunch menu not being fast enough, and the strength of our margaritas(being too strong????) and have made immediate changes. We are opening back up for lunch on monday july 16 @ 11am. We are focusing on the 15 minute lunch for all of our friends on base and surrounding. We have condensed our menu to speedy items. Sometimes we have to jump over major obstacles to find the prize.

FYI we are not the owner of Catamaran's or Chefs Bistro. One of us is the partner in a regional operation in NOVA called " Los Tolteco's" and the other's family is the owner of "Linda's Cafe" in Lexington Park.

We work hard at satisfying everyone and will do whatever we need to do to make that happen.

mamatutu

mama to two
Thanks for the good and bad reviews that we have received for our new ventures. Growing pains have been terrible with our opening and after 10 days we are finally seeing the light. We have taken the criticism such as meat over cooked, lunch menu not being fast enough, and the strength of our margaritas(being too strong????) and have made immediate changes. We are opening back up for lunch on monday july 16 @ 11am. We are focusing on the 15 minute lunch for all of our friends on base and surrounding. We have condensed our menu to speedy items. Sometimes we have to jump over major obstacles to find the prize.

FYI we are not the owner of Catamaran's or Chefs Bistro. One of us is the partner in a regional operation in NOVA called " Los Tolteco's" and the other's family is the owner of "Linda's Cafe" in Lexington Park.

We work hard at satisfying everyone and will do whatever we need to do to make that happen.

:yay:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member

Good luck!

Namikazenaru

Just to be sure before I change my lunch plans, you will not be open for lunch on friday the 13th?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Okay, now I can't wait to come in and try your restaurant.

It's a good sign when the owners pay attention to comments and use them to tweak their new business. Which is not to say that every comment will be valid, but it's a great way to find out what's going on from the customer's POV.

A lot of business owners see negative comments and get all bent out of shape instead of addressing them. You have a great attitude and I predict your restaurant will be a success. :yay:

Thanx for posting. Welcome to the Forums.

The owner of the Ruddy Duck opened a dialog on these forums too, and the exchange of information helped both the restaurant and the patrons. Hopefully the same will be true here.

Last edited:

cococantina

Thanx for posting. Welcome to the Forums.

The owner of the Ruddy Duck opened a dialog on these forums too, and the exchange of information helped both the restaurant and the patrons. Hopefully the same will be true here.
thanks so much we are always open to suggestions and ways to improve our business. We do not claim to have tradional mexican food! It is our baby and we want to introduce new flavors and ideas to the community! We woulld love to have a evening or lunch were we invite our forum guest in to enjoy a meal on us and taste some new options we are trying. Thanks again and have a great rest of your week.