They're baaaaaaaaack...

VoteJP

J.P. Cusick
Excellent.

Whip-poor-WILL, whip-poor-WILL, whip-poor-WILL, whip-poor-WILL, whip-poor-WILL, whip-poor-WILL, whip-poor-WILL, whip-poor-WILL, whip-poor-WILL...

If you've never heard one, they are LOUD and can call all night. :banghead: :lol:

Eastern Whip-poor-will - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I see it as just a matter of perception.

If we view the whip-poor-will as being a nice bird singing music to us then it becomes a beautiful sound.

Having silence in a locked house is not natural.

:whistle::larry:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I see it as just a matter of perception.

If we view the whip-poor-will as being a nice bird singing music to us then it becomes a beautiful sound.

Having silence in a locked house is not natural.

:whistle::larry:

Okay, I had NO idea the inmates were on the prowl tonight. :crazy: Good grief. :killingme

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
I miss the whip-poor-will's and the quail (Bob White) calls.

Last time I heard a whip-poor-will was a couple years ago spending the night on the boat in the cove near Clarks Landing. He stopped around 11:00 though.

Can't remember the last time I heard a Bob White.

Last time I heard a whip-poor-will was a couple years ago spending the night on the boat in the cove near Clarks Landing. He stopped around 11:00 though.

I was just thinking the same thing. :ohwell: It's been at least 25 years.

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out

I was just thinking the same thing. :ohwell: It's been at least 25 years.

:yay:....

I miss it as well..... it has been at least 25 yrs

Dakota

~~~~~~~
I have Bob Whites :yay:

The birds have been driving my cat CRAZY... I think they land on the screen and hang out on the deck by the window just to piss her off.

luvmygdaughters

My sister and I were talking about Bob White's last summer. The last time we heard one was way back in the 60's, on my grandparents farm in Suitland. Yep, Suitland used to be a farming community. Havent heard a whip o will in ages either.