MD Legislation now says pitbulls are "dangerous"

Chris0nllyn

Unbelieveable...THESE are the people who make our laws!? Oh, wait, this was a RETIRED judge that made this decision. Screw going through legislative hearings and any/all scientific data to determine if ALL pitbulls, and pitbull mixes, let's just lump them all into one, bad group. You know, the sh!tty owners, ghetto thugs, loony's ALL give pits a bad name, and I'm sick and tired of being lumped into that group just because I own a pitbull.

Now, if someone breaks in my house, and my dog bites them, I can get sued just because she's a pit bull? You bet...

Nearly 50% of people in Baltimore are renters, and now that landlords can be held liable, they are requiring that people get rid of them, or risk eviction.

Maryland Court of Appeals: Pit bulls are inherently dangerous | Maryland News - WBAL Home

http://www.wbaltv.com/blob/view/-/12161754/data/2/-/861vlyz/-/Tracey-v--Solesky--PDF-.pdf

Greene wrote that the only corrective action possible to the owner, keeper or landlord is not to allow pit bulls on the property. Moreover, Greene writes, "any other breed of dog ... no matter how violent, apparently, would be judged by a different standard."

I urge all of you to sign this, in hopes to not allow breed specific legislation.
Petition: The Governor of MD: Do not Discriminate Against Pit Bulls in Maryland | Change.org

Meanwhile, two idiots burn a pitbull and they are found not guilty...
http://www.wbaltv.com/Twins-Found-N...ull/-/9380084/11065226/-/138b1ju/-/index.html

Last edited:

somdwatch

One more reason

To move from this hell hole.

While I don't own a pit, the neighbor has two puppies I've watched grow over the last two months. With more attention from the owners, they would be awesome dogs. Loveable, friendly and waiting for any attention they can get.

Chris0nllyn

To move from this hell hole.

While I don't own a pit, the neighbor has two puppies I've watched grow over the last two months. With more attention from the owners, they would be awesome dogs. Loveable, friendly and waiting for any attention they can get.

Agreed 100%...it's just like any other dog.

Problem lies in these wanna-be thugs who think owning a pitbull makes them a bada$$. They are over-bred, over-populated, and over-sensationalized in the media.

Can't you tell she's vicious!
View attachment 86057

View attachment 86058

Last edited:

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
The owner sealed his fate by being a prick when the kids were injured. Even his attorney admits the dog was a problem.

defense attorney said:
In Tracey v. Solesky, Greene acknowledged the injuries and sufficient evidence that the dog's owner knew or should have known of the dog's "vicious propensities." However, he felt there was "insufficient evidence to establish liability on behalf of the landlord."

Too bad you've chosen such an unworthy poster child to raise you complaints.

thatguy

Agreed 100%...it's just like any other dog.

Problem lies in these wanna-be thugs who think owning a pitbull makes them a bada$$. They are over-bred, over-populated, and over-sensationalized in the media.

Can't you tell she's vicious!
View attachment 86057

View attachment 86058

I would say that just a big of an issue are owners who feel their little precious is so friendly and nice that they would never hurt a fly. Then they let their dogs roam or bring the dogs into situations where things can go wrong, and then when they do, try to justify it away.

If everyone would be responsible dog owners there would be no problem.

Retrodeb54

Surely you jest ...
Just like people some pits are often predisposed to be angry and dangerous. Its not always nurture that counts it can be nature too. Its a flip of the coin as they say. Shame once again the majority in a situation will suffer for the minority, but such is life. Nobody seems to pay attention to laws anymore anyway so I'm sure nothing will change.

:coffee:

Chris0nllyn

I would say that just a big of an issue are owners who feel their little precious is so friendly and nice that they would never hurt a fly. Then they let their dogs roam or bring the dogs into situations where things can go wrong, and then when they do, try to justify it away.

If everyone would be responsible dog owners there would be no problem.

I'd agree with you on that.

I would never take my dog and place her in a situation she's not used to. That will make her anxious.

I've socialized my dog as much as I can, and even had her playing fetch with a 2 year old. I'll be the first to admit, when she doesn't feel like being played with, or when she doesn't like people in her face, she'll let you know.

Soon after, she'll get a swift smack and she knows to go to bed.

Just like children, dogs are products of their environment.

renegadeslave

Obsidian Salamander
Mine's definitely vicious.

Attachments

• acenmikey.jpg
    acenmikey.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 141

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka

I would never take my dog and place her in a situation she's not used to. That will make her anxious.

I've socialized my dog as much as I can, and even had her playing fetch with a 2 year old. I'll be the first to admit, when she doesn't feel like being played with, or when she doesn't like people in her face, she'll let you know.

Sounds a lot like your pit disagrees with your assessment.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
Would you be ok with a stranger in your face?

Damn! You're right! :sarcasm:

Of course, I deal with strangers every day. My livelihood depends on it. I have learned to not my bare my teeth and growl (though I may slobber a little) when someone I don't know comes into my field of view. But I'm a lot more controlled than a Pit would be.

drivingdaisy

The stranger or the dog? haha :smack:

drivingdaisy

I tend to think that whether or not a dog is dangerous has more to do with the product of their environment BUT when you have a bigger/stronger dog you need to be extra careful because the level of damage they are capable of inflicting is obviously greater.