In the Market

bulldog

I've thought about it for years and am finally in the market for a new bike. I want a cruiser / touring style that will be comfortable for me and the Mrs. Had my mind set on a Suzuki C90, but they don't make those any longer so then figured on a C109RT, but talking to Atlantic Power and Cycle...they can't even order them. WTF?
Not real familiar with the dealerships in the area or what other make/model may be similar, but the 0% financing through Suzuki was a powerful attractant.
Oh well, onward in my search.
Suggestions welcome.

I've thought about it for years and am finally in the market for a new bike. I want a cruiser / touring style that will be comfortable for me and the Mrs. Had my mind set on a Suzuki C90, but they don't make those any longer so then figured on a C109RT, but talking to Atlantic Power and Cycle...they can't even order them. WTF?
Not real familiar with the dealerships in the area or what other make/model may be similar, but the 0% financing through Suzuki was a powerful attractant.
Suggestions welcome.

Lots of used ones with very few miles pass throught the classifieds. Save a ton of money.

Suggestions welcome.

Advertisement - Vehicle Classifieds

Asmodeus

....=o&o>
Granted, I haven't been in Atlantic Power & Cycle for a few years... But they were a complete gyp joint when I was in the market for my Valkyrie Interstate... I ended up going to Heyser Cycle up in Laurel... I got the scoot I wanted more than $3k less than what they wanted... I used to live 2 miles from them and literally would have gone to Virginia before dealing with them again...

If getting what you want so there is no 'buyers remorse' is important... look at some other shops as well...

Thanks. E-mailed the seller. Used can be a tough pill to swallow, but that is a ton of savings.

Yep, just gotta be careful. Usually get a lot of extras too. I picked up a 2008 StreetGlide a year ago. 3400 miles. Extra seat, backrest, luggage bag, taller windscreen and some other little stuff. Very happy with it.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
When you're looking at bikes, make sure it is designed to carry the load you intend to put on it.

My Suzuki DL-1000 is a suprisingly comfortable touring bike and can carry more weight than any cruiser

bulldog

When you're looking at bikes, make sure it is designed to carry the load you intend to put on it.

My Suzuki DL-1000 is a suprisingly comfortable touring bike and can carry more weight than any cruiser

Yep. That is one reason that I'm not looking at the Suzuki C-50 like what my buddy has. Really nice bike, but lacking for power...so says he. I wanted to step up to the C90 or the C109RT, but they are not making either of them any longer.

That DL-1000 is a sharp bike, but just not the style I'm looking for. I need something that the Mrs. can ride on comfortably.

Yep. That is one reason that I'm not looking at the Suzuki C-50 like what my buddy has. Really nice bike, but lacking for power...so says he. I wanted to step up to the C90 or the C109RT, but they are not making either of them any longer.

That DL-1000 is a sharp bike, but just not the style I'm looking for. I need something that the Mrs. can ride on comfortably.

Dang this is a pretty bike. Someone please buy it so I am not tempted anymore!
Advertisement - Vehicle Classifieds

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad

:confused: Is she 4 foot tall? The Givi top case with the back pad makes for a comfy seat.

Plus it can carry almost 500 lbs

Attachments

• New bike 013 sm.jpg
    New bike 013 sm.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 107

struggler44

A Salute to all on Watch

If you get one make sure you put the cool sharks mouth w/teeth on the tank, chicks dig that sort of stuff

bulldog

:confused: Is she 4 foot tall? The Givi top case with the back pad makes for a comfy seat.

Plus it can carry almost 500 lbs

Again, just not the style I'm looking for. That is more of a sport bike (to me) and I'm looking for a cruiser / tour bike.

glhs837

Power with Control
If you get one make sure you put the cool sharks mouth w/teeth on the tank, chicks dig that sort of stuff

You do know that some people ride for reason completely unrelated to what "chicks dig", right?

(And no, I don't have those stickers on my DL650, in fact, it has very few stickers, even the factory ones are mostly gone)