125 – Thomas A. Mattingly, Sr.
12 – Henry Camaoini

COUNCIL MEMBER
239 – Hayden H. Hammett
297 – Jay Mattingly
135 – Walter Wise

401 – Total Voters - includes 40 Absentee Ballots received

sm8

Just out of curiousity do they actually get any control over anything now adays or is it kind of like an honorary title?

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Umm, from looking at the information on the number of folks living in the area..that is a pathetic turnout of voters.

I registered to vote on my birthday in March, 1975, voted in the town elections in April, 1975 and have not missed a vote since, no matter where I've lived.

GopherM

Darwin was right
Umm, from looking at the information on the number of folks living in the area..that is a pathetic turnout of voters.

I registered to vote on my birthday in March, 1975, voted in the town elections in April, 1975 and have not missed a vote since, no matter where I've lived.

Yeah, but the other places you have lived, the outcome of the election actually ment something. In Leonardtown it is more like selecting the next Ronald McDonald clown for McDonald's.

JOKER

Great Mills Rd
Yeah, but the other places you have lived, the outcome of the election actually ment something. In Leonardtown it is more like selecting the next Ronald McDonald clown for McDonald's.

I take that as meaning your candidate Lost in the Election :killingme

Looks like a little over 25% of the registered voters voted.. Isn't that about normal?

(According to the town's website there are 1564 registered voters.. Leonardtown Maryland News

MAYOR
255 – Daniel W. Burris
125 – Thomas A. Mattingly, Sr.
12 – Henry Camaoini

COUNCIL MEMBER
239 – Hayden H. Hammett
297 – Jay Mattingly
135 – Walter Wise

401 – Total Voters - includes 40 Absentee Ballots received

Congratulations to the winners.. I am sorry to see Chipper leave.. I think he did a great job as mayor of Leonardtown.. Danny has big shoes to fill, but I am sure he is up for the challenge..

awpitt

Main Streeter
Just out of curiousity do they actually get any control over anything now adays or is it kind of like an honorary title?

No, it's a real job. Not like a mayor of a big city but it's not just a title either.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron

Ahhh-Haa!!! Like King and Queen of the prom!?

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Looks like a little over 25% of the registered voters voted.. Isn't that about normal?

(According to the town's website there are 1564 registered voters.. Leonardtown Maryland News

Most of the places I've lived have been better represented than that. In the village where we live, had almost 45% turnout for the primary, it's usually 15 - 20 percent higher when there is a question on the ballot.

...25% shouldn't be normal. My one vote may add up to not much influence, but it is something I value.

Protecting the right to vote is one reason I wore our country's uniform, as did my wife.