$1 Billion Free Cell Phone Program

Odessa78

No one likes paying cell phone bills. What if you could get a free phone with a calling plan whose cost was paid by the federal government? What if you could have eight free cell phones? You can, and people do, Rep. Tim Griffin told The Daily Caller. The annual bill runs over $1 billion, and he’s trying to stop it.

The federal government started the Lifeline program to provide phones to low-income Americans. It originally provided only landlines, but cell phones were added several years ago.

“That’s when the program absolutely exploded and has become a nightmare,” Griffin said in a phone interview with TheDC. Calling it “Uncle Sam’s unlimited plan,” the Arkansas Republican has proposed a bill that would scale back the program to its original form: landlines only.

Read more: Rep. Tim Griffin | Cell Phones | Government Benefits | The Daily Caller

Vince

No one likes paying cell phone bills. What if you could get a free phone with a calling plan whose cost was paid by the federal government? What if you could have eight free cell phones? You can, and people do, Rep. Tim Griffin told The Daily Caller. The annual bill runs over $1 billion, and he’s trying to stop it.

The federal government started the Lifeline program to provide phones to low-income Americans. It originally provided only landlines, but cell phones were added several years ago.

“That’s when the program absolutely exploded and has become a nightmare,” Griffin said in a phone interview with TheDC. Calling it “Uncle Sam’s unlimited plan,” the Arkansas Republican has proposed a bill that would scale back the program to its original form: landlines only.
Read more: Rep. Tim Griffin | Cell Phones | Government Benefits | The Daily Caller
How about just discontinuing the program altogther. More free stuff courtesy of the people that pay the taxes.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Girl, you wouldn't believe what that dumbass said... uh huh...uh huh... listen, I gotta nuther call coming through, hang on.... uh huh....yeah, I can make it there at noon....yeah, that's fine but I don't want that last gal because she made my nails too short and didn't give me enough glitter.....right....okay... anyway, where were we? Oh yeah...so we were sitting at the bar drinking shots of Jager and this guy comes up and goes....

Yeah, man, I'm sure glad we're paying for those Lifeline calls. :yay: