Spooked horse swims two miles offshore

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
This is no lie...years ago I took a "friends" horse swimming at Ables wharf...he was a run away on the dirt I figured he would be ok in the water...well he took off across the bay and I bent the shank on the bit trying to turn him..finally a boat came and he swam toward it they hit him off with oars...he turned and went back to land with me...no crap...never again ..

2baymares

This is no lie...years ago I took a "friends" horse swimming at Ables wharf...he was a run away on the dirt I figured he would be ok in the water...well he took off across the bay and I bent the shank on the bit trying to turn him..finally a boat came and he swam toward it they hit him off with oars...he turned and went back to land with me...no crap...never again ..

Dang girl, too funny. What happened after that?

My one mare attempted to swim across the river when she was young and new to water but she went underwater with her head and kept going out deep like a submarine, thank God I was able to turn her around and point her back to shallow water before she tried to breath. She was calm and held her breath quite well. In her case it was a good experience. Could of gone very wrong had I not turned her around.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Dang girl, too funny. What happened after that?

My one mare attempted to swim across the river when she was young and new to water but she went underwater with her head and kept going out deep like a submarine, thank God I was able to turn her around and point her back to shallow water before she tried to breath. She was calm and held her breath quite well. In her case it was a good experience. Could of gone very wrong had I not turned her around.

I probably beat him near death....lol..It was Jim Shindlers old sorrel gelding