Nine lives and 28 toes

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
OAKLAND, Maine (AP) - Mooch the cat has nine lives and 28 toes.

Bob and Becky Duval say the large, yellow feline has more toes than any other cat in the world. The Duvals have submitted evidence they hope will earn Mooch a place in the Guinness Book of Records.

"This is your 15 minutes — suck it up," Bob DuVal said to Mooch as the feline struggled out of Becky Duval's lap.

At the couple's home, a nervous Mooch padded defensively across the kitchen floor, avoiding visitors and the clicking camera.

Those who manage to catch a glimpse of the cat before he dashes off are stunned when they see his toes.

"Usually, their first remark is, 'Oh, my God, look at that cat's feet — what's wrong with him?'" Becky DuVal said.

DuVal said he was listening to the radio last week and heard about the world record for most toes on a cat, currently held by Paddles, a black cat in Ennismore, Ontario, who has 27.

"Mooch has 28 claws," Becky DuVal said Friday. "He has 28 pads, but two of the pads are partially fused."

Mooch's big feet have an advantage in Maine.

"They're good snowshoes," Bob DuVal said.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I used to have a couple of multiple-toed cats. Dinky had 24 toes and Toe-knee had 26. My current cat, Jack, only has the regular 20.

SxyPrincess

I found a good pic of a polydactyl toe

pb080082.jpg

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Originally posted by vraiblonde
:roflmao:
That is one pissed off cat!
:roflmao:

I don't think he appreciated being the center of attention. Just think of how much more damage he can inflict with 8 claws MORE than the average pussy. :shocked: