Jerry Lewis rushed to hospital

Misfit

Lawful neutral
Funnyman Jerry Lewis rushed to hospital in scare before Friars Club award - NYPOST.com

Legendary comedian Jerry Lewis was rushed to hospital just before he was due on stage to hand Tom Cruise a prestigious Friars Club award.

The 86-year-old entertainer collapsed with low blood sugar just before he was to take the stage in front of hundreds at a star-studded gala at the Waldorf Astoria on Tuesday night.

Lewis was due to be honored with the Applause Award, and to present Tom Cruise with the Friars Club Entertainment Icon Award.

Chairman of the Friars Foundation Ambassador Joseph Zappala told the crowd that Lewis had fallen ill shortly before the event and had been taken to hospital, but was expecteed to recover.

bcp

In My Opinion
Was never too big on his acting, but what he did with the Jerry's Kids in a time that people generally did not give money to such things was just incredible.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
On the rare occasion I think of Jerry Lewis, I think of the Weird Al song "Genius in France."

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
I wasn't around in the 40's when he and Dean Martin paired up but I DO have their 5 DVD set. Some of these skits are hillarious and have a lot of clean humor in them. Jerry was a riot and waayyy smarter than the "stooge" part he played...