Coco Cantina - thumbs up!

TPD

the poor dad
Open for the 1st time today. I've never been to a restaurant on opening day, until tonight. They did ok in my opinion. I enjoyed the food. I will go back. :buddies:

Radiant1

Soul Probe
I ate there last night as well. It's not your typical Mexican menu, the food is different! Everything is made from scratch (they make their own cheese for Heaven's sake) and buy locally whenever possible so that's an added plus for me.

The bf got the seafood enchiladas (forgot what they called it), and he loved it! It had tons decent sized steamed shrimp and a lot of chunky fresh backfin crab. I had a loaded chicken burrito which was excellent! We had that together with chips and salsa (chips made by scratch as well) along with our sides.

:yay: :yay:

Coco Cantina

SoMdDude

Cool

There is a new place about to open here in Waldorf... hope its better than Mexico restaurant, because that place went down hill fast. Have to drive down to Fiesta Cafe in Mechanicsville to get GOOD mexican, which I do not mind because they have this white salsa that is THE BOMB!! :buddies:

lovinmaryland

Cool

There is a new place about to open here in Waldorf... hope its better than Mexico restaurant, because that place went down hill fast. Have to drive down to Fiesta Cafe in Mechanicsville to get GOOD mexican, which I do not mind because they have this white salsa that is THE BOMB!! :buddies:

Are you who I think you are :eyebrow:

:lol:

thurley42

HY;FR
You're kidding right? I mean the staff was nice enough but the food tasted like it was overcooked in a microwave...

Tomcat

Anytime
Can anyone refer to themselves as 'Chef So and So' or do they have to go through culinary school before being labeled as such?

"chef - a person who cooks professionally for other people. Although over time the term has come to describe any person who cooks for a living, traditionally it refers to a highly skilled professional who is proficient in all aspects of food preparation." I think it depends who you talk to, someone who has completed a culinary school (CIA) or whatever doesn't look favorably on bubba putting on a chef's hat and calling himself Chef.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I'll give it a big fat Meh, for now. I understand that they just opened, but the wait for food was long, they didn't have enough staff on hand and were turning people away or having people wait for one of the many available tables, so the kitchen could keep up. Only 8 tables were in use when we left. The food was okay, nothing fantabulous. I may try it again in a month or so after they have time to work the kinks out.

Sweet 16

^^8^^
Cool

:drool: Love that place!

I heard the new place in Waldorf was a 'fancy' version of Chipotle, i.e. nuthin' special or different really. Menu seems pretty simple.

I ate there last night as well. It's not your typical Mexican menu, the food is different! Everything is made from scratch (they make their own cheese for Heaven's sake) and buy locally whenever possible so that's an added plus for me.

The bf got the seafood enchiladas (forgot what they called it), and he loved it! It had tons decent sized steamed shrimp and a lot of chunky fresh backfin crab. I had a loaded chicken burrito which was excellent! We had that together with chips and salsa (chips made by scratch as well) along with our sides.

:yay: :yay:

Coco Cantina

Where they keeping the cows and goats? Making their own cheese from scratch? I kinda' doubt it!