Found Peacocks

Roman

I found three Peacocks hanging around my Chicken Coop today, the 30th. I live on the Riverside of Lusby. I've given them water, and food. If they are yours, please send me a PM. Two seem to be juvinile Females, and the other might be a Male, or full-grown Female. Thanks................:bann:

PrepH4U

I found three Peacocks hanging around my Chicken Coop today, the 30th. I live on the Riverside of Lusby. I've given them water, and food. If they are yours, please send me a PM. Two seem to be juvinile Females, and the other might be a Male, or full-grown Female. Thanks................:bann:

How cool! You do know once you feed them they will never leave! :lol:

PrepH4U

You are joking right? These things a very chatty, and their poo is HUGE!

I am not sure! Sounded good though! :lol: Just remember the scream you hear tonight is probably not a neighbor being murdered, it's just the peacocks calling out to their other friends. :lol:

Roman

:shocking:
I am not sure! Sounded good though! :lol: Just remember the scream you hear tonight is probably not a neighbor being murdered, it's just the peacocks calling out to their other friends. :lol:
When they scream, they sound like Babies being pinched! I reported them to the Sheriff's Department, and told them they are fine here. The Sheriff said that Animal Control only has one person on the road today, and that when he checks in, he will see if anyone reported them as missing. Wish me luck K?

Roman

I still have the Peacocks, and they are doing well. I'm hoping that by Monday, someone will step forward. The Male fanned his feathers out today at one of my Chickens. He's definitely NOT mature, but it was still beautiful. FF, if you read this, they love them some Inova Dry Dog Food.

frequentflier

happy to be living
I still have the Peacocks, and they are doing well. I'm hoping that by Monday, someone will step forward. The Male fanned his feathers out today at one of my Chickens. He's definitely NOT mature, but it was still beautiful. FF, if you read this, they love them some Inova Dry Dog Food.

And my kitties love playing with peacock feathers :whistle:

PrepH4U

Heck FF...I'll just give YOU the Peacocks, in that way, you will have fresh Feathers all the time!!! LOL

:yeahthat: I wonder if their bite hurts much if they peck at you :shrug: Probably not as bad as a parrot bite... go get em! :lol: Let me know though, I would love to watch! :lol:

:yeahthat: I wonder if their bite hurts much if they peck at you :shrug: Probably not as bad as a parrot bite... go get em! :lol: Let me know though, I would love to watch! :lol:

They would be cool to have. If no one steps foward I thimk they would be ok here. No roaming dogs and plenty of tress to roost in. You would think they would go home if you don't feed them though.

RPMDAD

Remeber years ago when i worked in St. Mary's county occasionally would work at Harry Lundeberg School of Seamanship, and they had a bunch of peacocks on their property back in those days. Also have to agree with the OP, big poops.

Roman

Animal Control returned my call this morning, and said that nobody has reported missing their Birds. I heard that there are Peacocks living mid-county, at the Dump. Meanwhile, we are having fun with them, and seeing what they like the best to eat. So far, it's Corn, Inova Dry Dog Food, and Pop Corn, OH, and I almost forgot..Saltine Crackers. My Husband would like to keep them if nobody claims them. I'll go to the Feed Store today, and get some Food for them. I hear they like Dry Cat Food too.

DEEKAYPEE8569

I remember seeing one in the back yard when I was in grammar school; 6, 7 years old.
It fanned its tail and just stood there staring at me.
Scared the ***t outta me.

Last edited:

frequentflier

happy to be living
Animal Control returned my call this morning, and said that nobody has reported missing their Birds. I heard that there are Peacocks living mid-county, at the Dump. Meanwhile, we are having fun with them, and seeing what they like the best to eat. So far, it's Corn, Inova Dry Dog Food, and Pop Corn, OH, and I almost forgot..Saltine Crackers. My Husband would like to keep them if nobody claims them. I'll go to the Feed Store today, and get some Food for them. I hear they like Dry Cat Food too.

I'll trade you some dog and cat food for some feathers :cheesy:
:happycats:

somdfunguy

not impressed
Peacocks while nice to look at are a nuisance. If you can kill them you should, if you can't, find something that will. Then roast or fry it and enjoy some good eats