Route 5 Saturday Night?

donbarzini

I was on Piney Church Rd Sat. night and traffic appeared to be rerouted off of 5 southbound onto Billingsley to Piney Church to 488 back to 5. Anybody hear anything?

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
:confused: I dunno anything about the Rt. 5 event, but I did notice 3 or 4 State Police and Sheriff vehicles in front of the Sheets gas station, on the corner of Chancellors Run Rd., and Rte 235 at about 6:00pm last night.
It looked like a whole bunch of them were standing behind their cars, peering at the store anxiously. I couldn't see if any guns were drawn, but the lights of all the cruisers were flashing, and they were definitly interested in what was going on inside.

I did not stop and hang around to watch; I didn't think it was a healthy thing to do.

Anybody else notice this happening?

There was a major accident there. Friends of mine went thru there right before the cops got there. A car pulled in front of a Suburban. The suburban flipped, ejecting a passenger, and then hit another car. The ejected passenger died. Morals of this story? (1) DON"T PULL OUT IN FRONT OF ONCOMING TRAFFIC! (2) WEAR YOUR SEATBELT.

JabbaJawz

Be about it
They're reporting all about the accident every 10 minutes or so on 102.9. You can hear the details/names there.

CMC122

Go Braves!
There was another accident there but northbound 5 near the northern end of Renner Rd. Looked like a landscaping truck flipped over the embankment. I passed about 4 ambulance's going to SMDH and got to see MSP take off from the scene. That was at about 4ish.

mainman

Set Trippin
Originally posted by CMC122
There was another accident there but northbound 5 near the northern end of Renner Rd. Looked like a landscaping truck flipped over the embankment. I passed about 4 ambulance's going to SMDH and got to see MSP take off from the scene. That was at about 4ish.
I went through this mess also, there was mulch all over the roadway...:ohwell:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Originally posted by mainman
I didn't get out and taste any... sorry...:ohwell:

:biggrin: That's OK, MM it woodn't have done you any good anyhow, you might have had to go off and join a splinter group.:rolleyes: