Directv

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I think there may be a thread about it. I don't have DirectTV so I didn't read it.

DEEKAYPEE8569

DirecTV AND DISH

A neighbor on the block has both. So, I guess if one doesn't have what he's lookin' for; the other'n does. :shrug:

Beta84

They're out to get us
A neighbor on the block has both. So, I guess if one doesn't have what he's lookin' for; the other'n does. :shrug:

That sounds really smart. I wish I was smart enough to pay two satellite companies a lot of money each month for their duplicate services on the off chance one of them loses a few stations for a temporary period of time. I just CAN'T live without [insert Viacom-owned station here].

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
That sounds really smart. I wish I was smart enough to pay two satellite companies a lot of money each month for their duplicate services on the off chance one of them loses a few stations for a temporary period of time. I just CAN'T live without [insert Viacom-owned station here].
not everybody pays for the service, sometimes they have a box activated on another account and just pays the extra five bucks.

DEEKAYPEE8569

:shrug: I know, right?

KDENISE977

I hear rumors that it's only for a short period of time? Anyone know if they will be getting the Viacom channels back? I'm having a hard time finding all the cartoon channels my kid NEEDS !! (or I need to keep him somewhat occupied &/or my sanity)

Beta84

They're out to get us
I hear rumors that it's only for a short period of time? Anyone know if they will be getting the Viacom channels back? I'm having a hard time finding all the cartoon channels my kid NEEDS !! (or I need to keep him somewhat occupied &/or my sanity)

They're negotiating, just as they always have been. They had to pull them off because the contract expired, but their goal is to get them back ASAP. So there's no ETA because they don't know when Viacom will agree to a deal.

KDENISE977

They're negotiating, just as they always have been. They had to pull them off because the contract expired, but their goal is to get them back ASAP. So there's no ETA because they don't know when Viacom will agree to a deal.

Got it, I was thinking of switching to Comcast, but I guess we'll hold off a little longer. I'm not sure how Comcast service is either or how their pricing/packages compare to DirecTV

Beta84

They're out to get us
Got it, I was thinking of switching to Comcast, but I guess we'll hold off a little longer. I'm not sure how Comcast service is either or how their pricing/packages compare to DirecTV

Comcast just had their own problem not too long ago if I remember correctly. If you haven't already, call DirecTV and threaten to leave...they'll give you some discounts to stay.