US Troops Shut Down Iraqi Newspaper

jlabsher

Sorry about that chief.
Re: Re: US Troops Shut Down Iraqi Newspaper

Originally posted by Toxick

Or do you think that rallying cries to kill "spies" is covered under the freedom of the press?

It is here.:confused:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by jlabsher
It is here.
Wrong. Go start a newspaper or build a website that advocates killing people and see what happens. If I were the decision-maker, I wouldn't have bothered with a lock - I'd have leveled the place and said, "Any questions?"

jlabsher

Sorry about that chief.
Originally posted by vraiblonde
Wrong. Go start a newspaper or build a website that advocates killing people and see what happens. If I were the decision-maker, I wouldn't have bothered with a lock - I'd have leveled the place and said, "Any questions?"

Rove should have shot these people
Freaks came and protested in his yard, pounded on his windows, etc

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palacios, trembling and in tears herself, said, "He is very offended because we dared to come here. We dared to come here because he dared to ignore us. I'm sorry we disturbed his children, but our children are disturbed every day.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Isn't Rove just a campaign manager, the equivalent of Carville to Clinton? Or was he elevated to President or Congressman when I wasn't looking?

Hmmm, shooting people is legal?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Hmmm, shooting people is legal?
A random comment is a little different than a newspaper dedicated to killing people and advocating their death, dear. But we can get a nice little discussion going on the subject if you provide me with the appropriate (and obvious) response.

jlabsher

Sorry about that chief.
Maybe the Patriot Network, Aryan Nation, KKK, Phineas Priesthood come to mind? I'm not gonna link them because I'm at a fed workplace and I don't want the stormtroopers coming down on me for going to their websites.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm not gonna link them because I'm at a fed workplace and I don't want the stormtroopers coming down on me for going to their websites.
But what about free speech? :bubble:

The obvious response would have been that the Shi'ites see the US troops in their country the same way Rove sees trespassers on HIS property. But my response to that would be that the Shi'ites don't own Iraq - they share it with others who are all in favor of the US being there.

Am I going to just have to argue with myself today?

jlabsher

Sorry about that chief.
Shouldn't the Shi'ites be allowed free speech as part of the multitude of groups that make up the "new Iraq"? Because they are calling for the ouster of occupation troops does that make their opinion less valid? An informed electorate makes wiser decisions, if the Iraqi people are given all opinions they should be able to discern which ones are BS and disregard them.

Doing away with the paper will not make the shi'ites love us any more, it will make their distrust against us stronger, they will be able to point to us shutting down their paper and saying "the wicked yankees will not let us state our opinions." That will help to strengthen their position.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Because they are calling for the ouster of occupation troops does that make their opinion less valid?
They're not calling for the ouster - they're calling for their deaths.

An informed electorate makes wiser decisions, if the Iraqi people are given all opinions they should be able to discern which ones are BS and disregard them.
One would think, but I have only to point you to the Democratic Undergound to show you that that's not the way it works.
That will help to strengthen their position.
It would strengthen their "position" more if they could scream from the rooftops and get more recruits. Besides, they're only one small voice in a BIG country. They don't get their way just because they want it. Iraq will be holding elections. If some Shi'ite homicide bomber wins, then we know the people have spoken.