Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I am unreasonably angry

Blog Entries

I am unreasonably angry

I just saw the trailer for the movie "Jack Reacher". Imagine my anguish when I saw that Tom Cruise will be playing the title role.

I wish Tom Cruise would die already. It's not enough that his cheesy mug is all over the tabloids, but now he will be playing one of my favorite fictional characters. Whose freaking asinine idea was this??? I want to beat them with a ball bat until their head is the consistency of strawberry jam.

TOM CRUISE IS NOT REACHER!!!

And seriously, aren't we all sick of him by now? Is there anyone left in America who is still a fan? I cannot believe, with all the hot new (and established) actors out there, this flake dorkstein fake hetero OLD twit still brings in box office. He should be doing beer commercials in Japan, not starring in US movies.

Ick ick ick!!!

"Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

No reason to get all hysterical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gude View Post
    Ok, I am wrong.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MMDad View Post
    No reason to get all hysterical.
    Clearly I disagree.
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Reacher is 6' 5" tall (1.96m) with a 50-inch chest, and weighing between 210 and 250 pounds (100115 kg). He has ice-blue eyes and dirty blond hair. He has very little body fat, and his muscular physique is completely natural (he reveals in Persuader, he has never been an exercise enthusiast.) He is exceptionally strong but is not a good runner.[2] Reacher's strength is combined with his savant intellect and military training, analyzing his environment and opponents at extremely high processing speeds. He mentally plans his fights using physics in a scientific calculating method, much like Sherlock Holmes. He knows how to break a man's neck with one hand (Bad Luck and Trouble) and kill a villain with a single punch to the head (Running Blind and 61 Hours) or chest (Worth Dying For). In a fight against a 7 foot, 400 lb steroid-using thug (Persuader), Reacher was able to lift his opponent into the air and drop him on his head....nope, not Tom Cruise.

edited to add ~wiki
    Je suis prest

Who is Jack Reacher?

I like to be right.

Everyone's entitled to my opinion.

If you don't have anything nice to say to someone, then you need to STFU.

Quote Originally Posted by BadGirl View Post
    Who is Jack Reacher?
    Tom Cruise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gude View Post
    Ok, I am wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by BadGirl View Post
    Who is Jack Reacher?
    Tom Cruise.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0790724/
    Last edited by Bay_Kat; 07-24-2012 at 02:22 PM.

:-)

Quote Originally Posted by mAlice View Post
    Reacher is 6' 5" tall (1.96m) with a 50-inch chest, and weighing between 210 and 250 pounds (100115 kg). He has ice-blue eyes and dirty blond hair. He has very little body fat, and his muscular physique is completely natural (he reveals in Persuader, he has never been an exercise enthusiast.) He is exceptionally strong but is not a good runner.[2] Reacher's strength is combined with his savant intellect and military training, analyzing his environment and opponents at extremely high processing speeds. He mentally plans his fights using physics in a scientific calculating method, much like Sherlock Holmes. He knows how to break a man's neck with one hand (Bad Luck and Trouble) and kill a villain with a single punch to the head (Running Blind and 61 Hours) or chest (Worth Dying For). In a fight against a 7 foot, 400 lb steroid-using thug (Persuader), Reacher was able to lift his opponent into the air and drop him on his head....nope, not Tom Cruise.

edited to add ~wiki
    I dont even know who Reacher is, but I totally completely agree with Vrai. He is washed up, a fraud, insane, sick, and needs to be farmed out to Palm Springs so the aliens can beam him up. And I was a huge Top Gun fan....

Blog Entries
    Tom Cruise.
    :
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

He doesn't fit the character at all. Should have been more of a young Steven Segal.
    Having too much ammunition in the house is like having too much fuel in your aircraft; the only time you have too much is when you're on fire.

The Second Amendment "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Members who have read this thread: 1