Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I am unreasonably angry

Quote Originally Posted by migtig View Post
    All are great actors—you don't get to be a star if you don't have the chops—but Cruise might well be the best of his generation.
    Okay, that is hilarious.
    Be happy for this moment. This moment is your life.
    -Omar Khayyam

Quote Originally Posted by Nickel View Post
    Okay, that is hilarious.
    I know right...if you read his wording, he doesn't really say he likes Cruise...but I'm sure he's liking the royalties off this movie. So he isn't going to complain.
    *Disclaimer: My online conversation and comments to you in no way imply that I am actually interested in you.*

Quote Originally Posted by mAlice View Post
    I can picture Paul Bettany in this part.
    I thought he only played priests?

Blog Entries

Lee Child is couching careful language about the selection of Cruise...
    From Wiki:

Lee Child is quoted as saying, “Reacher’s size in the books is a metaphor for an unstoppable force, which Cruise portrays in his own way.”
    One Shot (novel) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Quote Originally Posted by jetmonkey View Post
    I thought he only played priests?
    He has you fooled.
    Je suis prest

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    Way to CYA, Child!
    Je suis prest

Quote Originally Posted by MMDad View Post
    Tom Cruise.
    Lol
    ADHD; Interdisciplinary

I was extremely upset when I saw the movie preview too. At first I was excited that there would be a Reacher movie (series) but then I saw it was going to star Tom Cruise, and I realized that hollywood is so anti-American that they were out to sabatoge the whole movie, because you can't have Reacher being awesome...not in Amerika.

Tom Cruise is not in any what shape or form, including extra lifts in his shoes, anywhere close to being anything like Reacher.

Lee Child is couching careful language about the selection of Cruise...

There is only a small handful of genuine global male stars. All are great actors—you don't get to be a star if you don't have the chops—but Cruise might well be the best of his generation.

Plus, from an author's point of view, it's more exciting to see a new and fresh vision.

Link

Riggggghhhhtttt....but he's British, so what does he know.
    Well, fruits do tend to band together.
    "Conservatism is the new counter culture." - Lola Lee - youtuber

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    I just saw the trailer for the movie "Jack Reacher". Imagine my anguish when I saw that Tom Cruise will be playing the title role.

I wish Tom Cruise would die already. It's not enough that his cheesy mug is all over the tabloids, but now he will be playing one of my favorite fictional characters. Whose freaking asinine idea was this??? I want to beat them with a ball bat until their head is the consistency of strawberry jam.

TOM CRUISE IS NOT REACHER!!!

And seriously, aren't we all sick of him by now? Is there anyone left in America who is still a fan? I cannot believe, with all the hot new (and established) actors out there, this flake dorkstein fake hetero OLD twit still brings in box office. He should be doing beer commercials in Japan, not starring in US movies.

Ick ick ick!!!

Way wrong.

rhenderson
    I've seen a lot of criticism of Child for allowing Cruise to be the lead. He probably had no say in it. I've seen reports that Cruise bought the rights and cast himself in it. Authors are not in strong bargaining position for input into the movie unless they have an established history of books to movie - such as Tom Clancy. I predict this movie will be almost as big a flop as John Travolta's "Battlefield Earth". I will not be going to the movie - just listening to Cruise's voice in the trailer had me laughing at the idea that he was portraying Reacher. To me Reacher's voice out to more like Lee Marvin's.

I am not angry like the OP but I am deeply disappointed.

Members who have read this thread: 1