Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: I am unreasonably angry

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rhenderson View Post
    I will not be going to the movie - just listening to Cruise's voice in the trailer had me laughing at the idea that he was portraying Reacher. To me Reacher's voice out to more like Lee Marvin's.
    I completely agree.

It just annoys me when they take a great book that could be a great movie and screw it up.

Please please please don't let them get their hands on Lucas Davenport or Mitch Rapp.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    I completely agree.

It just annoys me when they take a great book that could be a great movie and screw it up.

Please please please don't let them get their hands on Lucas Davenport or Mitch Rapp.
    They did Mind Prey, I think it was on Lifetime, with that guy that used to be on ER - his name is Eriq LaSalle. Not sure who thought THAT was a good idea, but I couldn't bear to watch.
    Last edited by ebs; 07-24-2012 at 09:38 PM.

I just saw the trailer for the movie "Jack Reacher". Imagine my anguish when I saw that Tom Cruise will be playing the title role. :
    What horsehit that is!!!

I'll have to think on this a bit but, that is outrageous!

Now, in Tom's defense, he played an assassin in some movie I can't remember the name, things go wrong and he basically kidnaps a taxi cab driver to get him around town to do his business in such and such time. He actually pulled that off pretty good.

Bad castings; Will Smith in that golf movie. Tailor made role for Morgan.

Defoe as Clark in Clear and Present Danger. Clark is Seagal.

Aflack as Ryan in Sum of all Fears. Ryan is Baldwin but, if Alec doesn't want it, someone had to do it.

Cruise also did a great job in that Samurai movie, a Jack Reacher sort of disaffected character, no where near the credit the whole movie deserved, so, we will see.

I could see Colin Ferral as Reacher. I could even see what's his face, Mathew Mcaughney.
    ADHD; Interdisciplinary

I

Oh! We can have pre-emptive fun with this! Who would make a terrible Rapp or Lucas!!!

Mitch; Tom Cruise

Lucas; Tom Cruise

Rooster Cogburn III; Tom Cruise

ADHD; Interdisciplinary

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gude View Post
    I could see Colin Ferral as Reacher. I could even see what's his face, Mathew Mcaughney.
    Too gay. I think mAlice nailed it with Paul Bettany - he's good looking enough to star in a movie, but brings that sense of strong silent dangerous to the mix.
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Blog Entries
    Oh! We can have pre-emptive fun with this! Who would make a terrible Rapp or Lucas!!!

Mitch; Tom Cruise

Lucas; Tom Cruise

Rooster Cogburn III; Tom Cruise

Justin Bieber as Mitch Rapp. Zac Efron as Lucas Davenport.
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

but brings that sense of strong silent dangerous to the mix.
    That's not Reacher. At least not to me. Reacher is a rather reflective character that thinks about stuff and people and life as well as being a tough guy. Or, am I thinking of the wrong guy?
    ADHD; Interdisciplinary

Clearly I disagree.
    Quite clearly.
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

Justin Bieber as Mitch Rapp. y:

"I'm here for you, Irene!"
    ADHD; Interdisciplinary

That's not Reacher. At least not to me. Reacher is a rather reflective character that thinks about stuff and people and life as well as being a tough guy. Or, am I thinking of the wrong guy?
    Maybe you're thinking of the wrong guy, 'cuz PB has those exact qualities, at least that's what I see based on the characters he has portrayed.
    Je suis prest

Members who have read this thread: 1