Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: I am unreasonably angry

Quote Originally Posted by mAlice View Post
    Maybe you're thinking of the wrong guy, 'cuz PB has those exact qualities, at least that's what I see based on the characters he has portrayed.
    This is what is so cool about books and music before Satan, MTV, came along, the joys of individual interpretation.

To me, this is NOT Jack Reacher.

Paul Bettany - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Viva la difference!
    ADHD; Interdisciplinary

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gude View Post
    This is what is so cool about books and music before Satan, MTV, came along, the joys of individual interpretation.

To me, this is NOT Jack Reacher.

Paul Bettany - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Viva la difference!
    Larry, have you seen a movie with PB?
    Je suis prest

Blog Entries
    Maybe you're thinking of the wrong guy, 'cuz PB has those exact qualities, at least that's what I see based on the characters he has portrayed.
    I suspect Larry is thinking of some character other than Reacher. I mean, Matthew McConaughey? He has "ghey" in his name for a reason.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    I suspect Larry is thinking of some character other than Reacher. I mean, Matthew McConaughey? He has "ghey" in his name for a reason.
    Having too much ammunition in the house is like having too much fuel in your aircraft; the only time you have too much is when you're on fire.

The Second Amendment "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Visualize whirled peas Merlin99's Avatar
    What horsehit that is!!!

I'll have to think on this a bit but, that is outrageous!

Now, in Tom's defense, he played an assassin in some movie I can't remember the name, things go wrong and he basically kidnaps a taxi cab driver to get him around town to do his business in such and such time. He actually pulled that off pretty good.

Bad castings; Will Smith in that golf movie. Tailor made role for Morgan.

Defoe as Clark in Clear and Present Danger. Clark is Seagal.

Aflack as Ryan in Sum of all Fears. Ryan is Baldwin but, if Alec doesn't want it, someone had to do it.

Cruise also did a great job in that Samurai movie, a Jack Reacher sort of disaffected character, no where near the credit the whole movie deserved, so, we will see.

I could see Colin Ferral as Reacher. I could even see what's his face, Mathew Mcaughney.
    The worst casting mistake EVER.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    ‎"I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake"

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    Curtain and paint picking ghey, huh?

ADHD; Interdisciplinary

Larry, have you seen a movie with PB?
    No. Should that matter? I mean, you want me to know what I am talking about and ####???

ADHD; Interdisciplinary

No. Should that matter? I mean, you want me to know what I am talking about and ####???

That's what I thought. That would explain you not getting it. Thanks for joining the conversation, though. We really got a kick out of your recommendations

edited to add, in all fairness, I haven't read any of the bigs we're discussing.
    Je suis prest

That's what I thought. That would explain you not getting it. Thanks for joining the conversation, though. We really got a kick out of your recommendations

edited to add, in all fairness, I haven't read any of the bigs we're discussing.
    I don't suppose you can stop making fun of me long enough to make a recommendation of what is a good movie by this guy that will sell me on his Reacher-ness?
    ADHD; Interdisciplinary

I don't suppose you can stop making fun of me long enough to make a recommendation of what is a good movie by this guy that will sell me on his Reacher-ness?
    Priest-Not a great movie, but you can see how he would fit the bill for Reacher.
    DaVinci Code-He's opus day-on a mission.
    A Knights Tale-this character does nothing to indicate he would be good for Reacher. But I think watching some of the movies he's in will help. I think he's fairly well rounded.

You may have even seen him and don't remember him. I'm think he's just coming into his own.

Paul Bettany Filmography
    Je suis prest

Members who have read this thread: 1