Lori-Be Pet center

G

Greg

I go there for parrot food, and chew toys. A friend of mine used to get all of his fish, and tank supplies there. He moved to Waldorf, so he doesn't any more. The Browns (owners) are nice people, and always willing to help.

G

Greg

Originally posted by cariblue
I thought that place would be closed by now. That's the nastiest pet store I've ever been in. I went there years ago and refused to return after seeing how the macaws were neglected, floaters in the fish tanks, and over-all lack of cleanliness.

They have moved to a different location. It seems to be better now.

nomoney

I thought that place would be closed by now. That's the nastiest pet store I've ever been in. I went there years ago and refused to return after seeing how the macaws were neglected, floaters in the fish tanks, and over-all lack of cleanliness.

what is the deal with their fish tanks?? do they never clean them? you could barely see in some. and the amount of dead fish I saw....oh my.

nomoney

Originally posted by Greg
They have moved to a different location. It seems to be better now.

you are talking about the one on great mills road near mikes bikes? across from the wa-wa's right?

G

Greg

Originally posted by nomoney
you are talking about the one on great mills road near mikes bikes? across from the wa-wa's right?

That's the one. I guess I haven't looked around alot since they first moved. I just go in and get the food, maybe grab some pig ears and go. But, when they first moved it looked good. I guess they let it go.

nomoney

On the other hand I went to Corner Critters in Leonardtown. Awesome place!!! they will definantly get my repeat business. Very friendly, helpful. and clean! pets looked very well taken care of! Their selection of tropical fish was awesome too. (and their tanks were sparkling)

nomoney

That's the one. I guess I haven't looked around alot since they first moved. I just go in and get the food, maybe grab some pig ears and go. But, when they first moved it looked good. I guess they let it go.

I just don't know how they could stay in business with a dirty store like that. Very unorganized too.

G

Greg

Originally posted by nomoney
I just don't know how they could stay in business with a dirty store like that. Very unorganized too.

Because there isn't anything else around. Corner Critters in Leonardtown, but they mainly have reptiles and reptile stuff.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Lori-Be moved across from WaWa last fall. I go in there to get Bear's food every month. It's the only place local that sells it, otherwise I'd have to drive to Bowie.

nomoney

Because there isn't anything else around. Corner Critters in Leonardtown, but they mainly have reptiles and reptile stuff.

actually they had tons of fish, birds, hamsters, etc. that I saw last night too.

PrepH4U

:yeahthat:
And don't forget the smell! Maybe it would help if they cleaned out the cages of the rodents! It has to be the worse pet store I have ever been to also. If I went in and needed something the answer was always we can order it, well If I had wanted to wait to purchase something, I can order it also and probably cheaper.

tatgirl99

Go Steelers!!!
I must agree that this pet store isn't the best, it's messy and unorganized. I've shopped there for years and dread it when I have to ask the guy something. I'm always nice to him but he's just rude.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
I went in there a few weeks ago. The fish tanks looked like they hadn't been cleaned in weeks, and a few tanks had one or two dead fish. The whole place smelled awful.

tatgirl99

Go Steelers!!!
Originally posted by Tonio
I went in there a few weeks ago. The fish tanks looked like they hadn't been cleaned in weeks, and a few tanks had one or two dead fish. The whole place smelled awful.

I've noticed that too.

HeatherUSNWife

After getting a dog from ARF a few weeks ago, we decided we needed to get some bitter apple spray. We just moved here, so I looked in the phonebook and LoriBe is the only place I found that I knew where it was.

I would rather have my dog chew up my furniture than ever have to return to that store!!

I was afraid to put down my 3 year old, and even kept the 9 year old right next to me, not touching ANYTHING...the fish tanks were all green and you couldnt barely see the fish inside, there were more dead ones than I could count, the smell was making me sick, there was no organization, and the people behind the counter were unfriendly and unwilling to help us find what we needed.

I eventually found the spray, my husband found a pooperscooper...and we got the heck outta there.

How these people can run a business like that is beyond me.

My husband said "when you move to a small town, and there is only one place to shop, you sometimes have to deal with it not being nice...what did you expect, "PetSmart? "

But, PetSmart or not, that place was disgusting. Just horrible.

Shannie0308

I called their tonight to ask a quick general question and it seems the people they have working their are no better than the fish tanks, extremely nasty and totally make the place seem like trash. I wouldnt recommend the place. :boo: