Loveville Produce Auction

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Went this morning with a friend - SO COOL! I've never seen so much produce in one spot in my whole life. Yes, if you want 80 watermelons, this is the place to get them. But they do small lots as well, which are perfect for home canning and freezing. The prices are incredible. I didn't buy anything but my friend got a bunch of stuff: 6 cartons of cherry tomatoes, 3 bags of shelled lima beans, 6 or 8 cartons of blackberries, two huge baskets filled with assorted veggies, and a bunch of other stuff I can't think of. Total bill: $55. To break down, I think she got the tomatoes for .60 a carton, the lima beans for $3/bag, and each basket was $7. Some guy walked out of there with 5 doz ears of corn for around $5.

I couldn't get anything because my weekend is filled up, but next week I will absolutely get a bunch of stuff to put in the freezer. :yay:

red_explorer

Fantastic!!!

Its a fantastic place, and the quality of produce is outstanding. Did you get to see the wagons going through? Thats always neat as well.

chernmax

NOT Politically Correct!!
We donate food to various pantries and this sounds like a great place our co-workers can chip in and we can buy lots of fresh vegtables to donate!!! :buddies:

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Went this morning with a friend - SO COOL! I've never seen so much produce in one spot in my whole life. Yes, if you want 80 watermelons, this is the place to get them. But they do small lots as well, which are perfect for home canning and freezing. The prices are incredible. I didn't buy anything but my friend got a bunch of stuff: 6 cartons of cherry tomatoes, 3 bags of shelled lima beans, 6 or 8 cartons of blackberries, two huge baskets filled with assorted veggies, and a bunch of other stuff I can't think of. Total bill: $55. To break down, I think she got the tomatoes for .60 a carton, the lima beans for $3/bag, and each basket was $7. Some guy walked out of there with 5 doz ears of corn for around $5.

I couldn't get anything because my weekend is filled up, but next week I will absolutely get a bunch of stuff to put in the freezer. :yay:
Can I go with you next week?

Lima beans? I am there! What days is it open?

You could have bought me some you know. :whistle:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Lima beans? I am there! What days is it open?

You could have bought me some you know. :whistle:

I will get you some next week!

I posted a link to their flyer above and it has all info. They're open three days, including Friday. The other two days are like Tues and Weds or something.

Bonehead

Thanks

I will get you some next week!

I posted a link to their flyer above and it has all info. They're open three days, including Friday. The other two days are like Tues and Weds or something.

The flyer is very useful.....I have always wanted to go to one of these.

I have three more 5 gallon buckets of tomatoes to process this morning and we are going away this weekend... I suddenly hate tomatoes...:burning:

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
I have three more 5 gallon buckets of tomatoes to process this morning and we are going away this weekend... I suddenly hate tomatoes...:burning:

That was our day yesterday. I've been up since 5:30 finishing up my tomato puree. My house smells great.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Holy Sheet!

:faint:

Got back recent from the Market, and here is my haul:

12 pints of HUGE blackberries
1 1/2 bushel of pickling cucumbers
3 dozen ears of sweet corn
1 bushel hot peppers
3 pints of figs
1 flat of zucchini
50 lbs of tomatoes
1 quart green beans

I already have my jars sterilizing for making bread and butter AND dill pickles. Not sure what I'll tackle afterwards.

Seriously, that place is ridiculously fun.

:bann:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
:faint:

Got back recent from the Market, and here is my haul:

12 pints of HUGE blackberries
1 1/2 bushel of pickling cucumbers
3 dozen ears of sweet corn
1 bushel hot peppers
3 pints of figs
1 flat of zucchini
50 lbs of tomatoes1 quart green beans

I already have my jars sterilizing for making bread and butter AND dill pickles. Not sure what I'll tackle afterwards.

Seriously, that place is ridiculously fun.

:bann:

I thought you already had those coming out of your ear! :lol:

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
I thought you already had those coming out of your ear! :lol:
I do.

Call me crazy, but I still bought more of 'em.

I'm really digging this canning process, so I'll just toss 'em into a jar so that come wintertime, I'll have a little bit of homemade sunshine ready for me to use.

:biggrin:

Tomato sauce, tomato puree, tomato sauce with jalepano, spicy spaghetti sauce, regular spaghetti sauce, homemade salsa.

I LOVE fresh produce!