Randy Travis Drunk & Naked.....

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
Link to original article.

"Country singer Randy Travis was arrested last night in Texas on suspicion of DWI after crashing his car, TMZ has learned.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ, Randy was arrested around 11:59PM with minor cuts and bruises. He was also booked on a "retaliation and obstruction" charge ... a felony.

Randy's car was the only vehicle involved in the crash.

Other details surrounding Randy's arrest are unclear. Randy is still in custody.

It's the singer's 2nd arrest this year -- back in February, Randy was busted for public intoxication for allegedly boozing in front of a Baptist church. According to the police report, Randy said he had just gotten into a fight with his girlfriend.

6:24 AM PT -- Law enforcement sources tell us ... Travis was charged with "retaliation" because he verbally threatened a cop during the bust.

7:54 AM PT -- Sources tell TMZ ... Travis was BUCK NAKED when cops arrived to the crash scene. It's unclear why Travis was not wearing clothes.

We're also told the country singer refused to take a breathalyzer, so a blood draw was taken to determine his blood alcohol level."

Asmodeus

....=o&o>
I was never much of a country music fan... Went to his concert in the mid 80s in Nashville... It was entertaining as hell... Actually enjoyed the music and his on-stage show... (I'll pass on the road show thanks!)

Sad for him...

TPD

the poor dad
I was never much of a country music fan... Went to his concert in the mid 80s in Nashville... It was entertaining as hell... Actually enjoyed the music and his on-stage show... (I'll pass on the road show thanks!)

Sad for him...

I also saw him in concert in the late 80's/early 90's. He was a great entertainer then, and sounds like he is still a great entertainer....

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Give a hillbilly a million dollars and
what do you get ?

A hillbilly with a million dollars.

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
Local police have confirmed that a pickup was not a factor in the incident.

Hijinx

Randy had a terrible stroke a few years back. He flatlined 3 times and they brought him back.
He has a charitable foundation and is usually a pretty good guy.
Perhaps he has some brain damage after the stroke or perhaps it just changed him.
He was a pretty staright fellow up until then I don't mind giving him the benefit of the doubt, but he obviously needs some help.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Randy had a terrible stroke a few years back. He flatlined 3 times and they brought him back.
He has a charitable foundation and is usually a pretty good guy.
Perhaps he has some brain damage after the stroke or perhaps it just changed him.
He was a pretty staright fellow up until then I don't mind giving him the benefit of the doubt, but he obviously needs some help.

Or it could be that he's just another performer with a drug/alcohol addiction. They're a dime a dozen and country musicians are no exception. Look at Johnny Cash. Hank Williams. Keith Urban. Waylon Jennings. Merle Haggard. Tammy Wynette. Steve Earle. Willie Nelson. Should I go on?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
That video and arrest is old, from before he had the massive stroke. He's very incapacitated now and has lost the ability to speak. Sad.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
That video and arrest is old, from before he had the massive stroke. He's very incapacitated now and has lost the ability to speak. Sad.

He did it to himself.

I guess I'm weird because I don't really idolize anyone I don't know. Especially after it comes out that they're some #### bag I wouldn't allow in my home. Not saying you, Gilligan, but musing in general about the number of people who get so wrapped around a celebrity (read: stranger) that they know more about them than they do their own family members and worship a PR creation. To me it's like worshiping Archie or Veronica, or having an intense adoration for any other fictional character.

I actually had a "good friend" stop speaking to me because I criticized her idol Madonna. :crazy:

b23hqb

PREMO Member
He did it to himself.

I guess I'm weird because I don't really idolize anyone I don't know. Especially after it comes out that they're some #### bag I wouldn't allow in my home. Not saying you, Gilligan, but musing in general about the number of people who get so wrapped around a celebrity (read: stranger) that they know more about them than they do their own family members and worship a PR creation. To me it's like worshiping Archie or Veronica, or having an intense adoration for any other fictional character.

I actually had a "good friend" stop speaking to me because I criticized her idol Madonna. :crazy:

They all, celebrity or common man, do it to themselves. Being an alcoholic or being a druggie is an individual choice that can be overcome by individual choice and change of lifestyle. Especially the illegal drugs. Even people that get hooked on prescription opioids allowed it to happen rather than informing their physician of their condition with using the drugs. It is what it is, and we are what we are - all because of us.

Last edited:

Hijinx

Or it could be that he's just another performer with a drug/alcohol addiction. They're a dime a dozen and country musicians are no exception. Look at Johnny Cash. Hank Williams. Keith Urban. Waylon Jennings. Merle Haggard. Tammy Wynette. Steve Earle. Willie Nelson. Should I go on?

I posted before I read Gilligans post. Why bring this up at all when the guy is now recovering from a stroke.

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
No it's always nice to think the worst of people.

My motto: when someone shows you who they are, believe them (Maya Angelou).

But if you want to sob over Randy Travis, you go right ahead. I prefer to save my emotional currency for people I actually know in real life, not fictional characters.

Hijinx

My motto: when someone shows you who they are, believe them (Maya Angelou).

But if you want to sob over Randy Travis, you go right ahead. I prefer to save my emotional currency for people I actually know in real life, not fictional characters.

Like I stated , I posted before reading Gilligans post. I thought the guy had the excuse of being recovering from the stroke.