Red Dawn

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Last I heard, they were thinking about a re-make. Didn't even know it had gone into production, much less being released in November.

First look at

Last I heard, they were thinking about a re-make. Didn't even know it had gone into production, much less being released in November.

First look at

It was a 'one star' movie, but I enjoyed the original movie just the same.

I believe it is very possible we could be invaded within our life-time so I'll probably watch the new movie with intrigue too...:starcat:

I wish Hollywood would impress me and come up with something original for a change. :ohwell:
I feel that way about most remakes, but I believe the original Red Dawn was weak and could have been better... I look forward to more 'punch' and increases dialogue as to whether or not our youth is capable of stepping up should we get invaded...:yay:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
I feel that way about most remakes, but I believe the original Red Dawn was weak and could have been better... I look forward to more 'punch' and increases dialogue as to whether or not our youth is capable of stepping up should we get invaded...:yay:

I actually look forward to re-makes. Technology is on the fast track, and if nothing else, the visuals will be far better. I've seen more than a few movies that I feel were weak in plot or dialogue, but enjoyed the special fx enough to watch more than once.

I actually look forward to re-makes. Technology is on the fast track, and if nothing else, the visuals will be far better. I've seen more than a few movies that I feel were weak in plot or dialogue, but enjoyed the special fx enough to watch more than once.
Good point... one of my favorite movies from my youth was Stephen King's "Silver Bullet"... I DVR'd it a few weeks back and made my kids watch it... the story line held up as did the drama, but the special effects sucked which made it kinda a bummer. :ohwell:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Good point... one of my favorite movies from my youth was Stephen King's "Silver Bullet"... I DVR'd it a few weeks back and made my kids watch it... the story line held up as did the drama, but the special effects sucked which made it kinda a bummer. :ohwell:

Ha! I watched The Sentinel this weekend-1977-the make up was pretty good!

Retrodeb54

Surely you jest ...
Looks good, thanks for the heads up. Hadn't heard a thing about a remake.

I will share this, the original was the scariest movie I ever saw. This coming from a horror movie buff. At the time it came out, the reality of how easy such a thing could happen and the shear terror in the thought of my children being in school and me at work shook me to the core.

:coffee: