President of Pax River Raiders

broncosrule

Who's there?
So you "attempt" 3rd degree sexual offence and because it is made public, it is a smear campaign? I don’t think so; I think it is making parents aware so they have a choice of letting their kids around you. Oh, and if you aren’t “coaching” and don’t need a background check, then why are you at the football camp with a yellow camp staff shirt and whistle on around all the kids after you stepped down as president?

Attachments

• harold.jpg
    harold.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 650
Last edited:

broncosrule

Who's there?
Sexual offense in the third degree.

(a) Prohibited.- A person may not:
(1) (i) engage in sexual contact with another without the consent of the other; and
(ii) 1. employ or display a dangerous weapon, or a physical object that the victim reasonably believes is a dangerous weapon;
2. suffocate, strangle, disfigure, or inflict serious physical injury on the victim or another in the course of committing the crime;
3. threaten, or place the victim in fear, that the victim, or an individual known to the victim, imminently will be subject to death, suffocation, strangulation, disfigurement, serious physical injury, or kidnapping; or
4. commit the crime while aided and abetted by another;
(2) engage in sexual contact with another if the victim is a mentally defective individual, a mentally incapacitated individual, or a physically helpless individual, and the person performing the act knows or reasonably should know the victim is a mentally defective individual, a mentally incapacitated individual, or a physically helpless individual;
(3) engage in sexual contact with another if the victim is under the age of 14 years, and the person performing the sexual contact is at least 4 years older than the victim;
(4) engage in a sexual act with another if the victim is 14 or 15 years old, and the person performing the sexual act is at least 21 years old; or
(5) engage in vaginal intercourse with another if the victim is 14 or 15 years old, and the person performing the act is at least 21 years old.
(b) Penalty.- A person who violates this section is guilty of the felony of sexual offense in the third degree and on conviction is subject to imprisonment not exceeding 10 years.

Jameo

What?!
So you "attempt" 3rd degree sexual offence and because it is made public, it is a smear campaign? I don’t think so; I think it is making parents aware so they have a choice of letting their kids around you. Oh, and if you aren’t “coaching” and don’t need a background check, then why are you at the football camp with a camp staff shirt and whistle on around all the kids after you stepped down as president?

No background checks were needed for the contact camp.

My kid wasn't there but thanks for asking.

I'm sure they play for the Leonardtown Wildcats, huh?

Last edited:

frogman123

What's a 3rd degree sex offense? Well, that bald 50 some y/o daycare provider from the Park was charged with the same thing. (check smnewsnet if you don't know what I'm talking about).

L

letmetellyou

From the article, it seems like it was a third degree sex offense and got pled down to attempted. Why is this guy not on the sex offender registry?

libby

Pax River Raiders was a great league when Chris Pixton was running it. All parents, coaches and players were held to a high standard of behavior and it was a quality league teaching teamwork and sportsmanship. When Berg took over (and I think it was another political fight that caused Pixton to walk away) it went to the crapper (or perhaps I should say ghetto). The spiral down was rapid and obvious. Trash talking parents, kids with ridiculous crybaby fits about the rigors, screaming kids because a play didn't go their way, and more. It was absurd.
After three great years with Pixton, we held on for two years with Berg and decided not to join again this year.
I'm not sure of the details on why Chris Pixton left, but good heavens I wish he was back.

jetmonkey

Pax River Raiders was a great league when Chris Pixton was running it. All parents, coaches and players were held to a high standard of behavior and it was a quality league teaching teamwork and sportsmanship. When Berg took over (and I think it was another political fight that caused Pixton to walk away) it went to the crapper (or perhaps I should say ghetto). The spiral down was rapid and obvious. Trash talking parents, kids with ridiculous crybaby fits about the rigors, screaming kids because a play didn't go their way, and more. It was absurd.
After three great years with Pixton, we held on for two years with Berg and decided not to join again this year.
I'm not sure of the details on why Chris Pixton left, but good heavens I wish he was back.

Oh, so he's the black guy? :confused:

broncosrule

Who's there?
No background checks were needed for the contact camp.

I'm sure they play for the Leonardtown Wildcats, huh?

Needed or not, which I have no idea why it would not be needed, Berg was quoted as saying "I've never coached, I've never been interested in coaching. I'm not on the field with any kids."

I do believe that coaching is required at a football contact camp and as seen in the picture, he is on the field with the kids.

This year, yes they do play for the Wildcats.

Jameo

What?!

I'm not trying to instigate anything here, but why do you say the trash talking parents and screaming kids Harold's fault?

libby

Oh, so he's the black guy? :confused:

No, he's not. However, perhaps I should've said "ghetto/trailer trash", because it was both races. It's astonishing, though, that most of the trash came out of the mouths of the mothers, who were both black and white, but oddly enough, those mothers where all hooked up with black men.

At least, in my observation.

Jameo

What?!
Needed or not, which I have no idea why it would not be needed, Berg was quoted as saying "I've never coached, I've never been interested in coaching. I'm not on the field with any kids."

I do believe that coaching is required at a football contact camp and as seen in the picture, he is on the field with the kids.

This year, yes they do play for the Wildcats.

I was on the field with the kids and I'm sure not a coach. So what's your point?

broncosrule

Who's there?
I was on the field with the kids and I'm sure not a coach. So what's your point?

My OPINION is, if you are working with the kids, you need a background check. Also, in my OPINION, if you have that kind of record, you shouldn't be aloud to participate in youth activities.

Maybe the County needs to revamp their policies on who needs background checks for this type of situation.

Jameo

What?!
My OPINION is, if you are working with the kids, you need a background check. Also, in my OPINION, if you have that kind of record, you shouldn't be aloud to participate in youth activities.

Maybe the County needs to revamp their policies on who needs background checks for this type of situation.

Would it be the county or the AYF?

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. IMO, how you are going about this is pretty damn crappy. And IMO, Harold has done good things for the Raiders. He has invested a LOT of time and effort is helping the kids play football. Which is what the league is about, right? The kids. And not a pissing contest between adults?