Hollywood Accident - 120 mph

Hank

my war
Preliminary investigation revealed, the Honda Civic had struck a parked Toyota Tundra in the parking lot, moving the Tundra approximately five parking spaces away from where it was originally parked. The Toyota was unoccupied at the time of the collision, as the driver had just entered the Papa John’s seconds before the crash. The driver of the Honda, an adult male, the single occupant was trapped inside his vehicle. Rescue crews were able to extricate the patient and MSP Trooper 7 transported him to Prince George’s Shock Trauma for injuries received.

Prior to the crash, a state police unit had just called in a vehicle matching the description of the Honda traveling through radar at 120 miles per hour.

One Flown from Serious Accident in Hollywood | Southern Maryland News Net

Hank

my war
One of the comments raises a good question... Does someone so careless w/ their life and others deserve to die?

Rt235

Tag on Honda looks like a Temp Tag.

New rules for idiots/drunks in wrecks: Every time a rescue has to use the Hurst tools..you get billed $1,000.00.

The rest of the rescue if free.
You are Welcome!:howdy:

itsbob

I bowl overhand

New rules for idiots/drunks in wrecks: Every time a rescue has to use the Hurst tools..you get billed $1,000.00.

The rest of the rescue if free.
You are Welcome!:howdy:

Somewhat agree. Everytime an ambulance or fire have to respond should be $500-$1500..

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
One of the comments raises a good question... Does someone so careless w/ their life and others deserve to die?

Yes.

For a Civic to move a Tundra that far....that dude was romping on it.

Gas him.

Can you imagine the Tundra owner? He gets out of his truck to pick up a pizza, and seconds later some ####### smashes into it. That was your lucky day, my man - hope you played the lottery!

The rear of the honda hit first. I'm thinking he lost control on the curve on the wet road and slammed backwards into the tundra.

Hank

my war
The rear of the honda hit first. I'm thinking he lost control on the curve on the wet road and slammed backwards into the tundra.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking... If he would have hit head on, the engine would of been down his throat!

daylily

no longer CalvertNewbie

It makes me wonder if this idiot was trying to die? Who the hell drives that fast? Someone drunk, high, suicidal or just plain stupid. Glad nobody else was hurt.

tom88

Somewhat agree. Everytime an ambulance or fire have to respond should be $500-$1500..

I have a few questions.

1. Would this money also apply to the firefighters and rescue squad members who get into accidents while racing to calls for service?

2. When the elderly who are already on a fixed income can't pay are you going to go after their assets?

3. Do you just want to limit this to fire and rescue services or do you want us to pay additional taxes on other services we use. ie; if our home gets broken into do you want us to pay the police for coming out and solving the crime? If We ask our county commissioners to submit legislation, should we pay them a user fee?

Danzig

2,500 miles on it

It certainly shouldn't have shut down the road
So, where should the helo have landed?
How do you want police to investigate an accident that started on the highway without being on the highway.

Wonder who pays the air fare for the bird...8-12K? :whistle:
The MSP Aviation Command is funded through the Maryland Emergency Medical System Operations Fund (MEMSOF) and Maryland's general funds. The MEMSOF is composed of an $11.00 per year surcharge collected from owners of registered motor vehicles. Maryland law requires that a portion of the money contained in the MEMSOF be used for the medically oriented functions of the Aviation Command. The medically oriented functions of the Aviation Command constitute approximately 80% of our helicopter operations; therefore approximately 80% of our helicopter operations are funded through the MEMSOF.

Lilypad

2,500 miles on it

The MSP Aviation Command is funded through the Maryland Emergency Medical System Operations Fund (MEMSOF) and Maryland's general funds. The MEMSOF is composed of an $11.00 per year surcharge collected from owners of registered motor vehicles. Maryland law requires that a portion of the money contained in the MEMSOF be used for the medically oriented functions of the Aviation Command. The medically oriented functions of the Aviation Command constitute approximately 80% of our helicopter operations; therefore approximately 80% of our helicopter operations are funded through the MEMSOF.

MD is the only jurisdiction in the country where a state agency (the state police) runs a comprehensive statewide medevac system financed by the public. In other words-taxpayers. When patients don't have the resources, the medevac operators swallow the expense. A typical medevac bill runs about $10K, depending on travel distance and the geographic market-more than $20 million a year taxpayers spend to keep the choppers flying.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
Yes.

For a Civic to move a Tundra that far....that dude was romping on it.

Gas him.

Can you imagine the Tundra owner? He gets out of his truck to pick up a pizza, and seconds later some ####### smashes into it. That was your lucky day, my man - hope you played the lottery!

I own a Civic, just like the one in the picture and I know it can rock out some high speeds but I cannot imagine slamming into a fricken TUNDRA... the damage is insane.

somdfunguy

not impressed
So, where should the helo have landed?
How do you want police to investigate an accident that started on the highway without being on the highway.

In my view the helo was not needed. Idiot got himself into the mess he can get himself out.

Rt235

I have a few questions.

1. Would this money also apply to the firefighters and rescue squad members who get into accidents while racing to calls for service?

2. When the elderly who are already on a fixed income can't pay are you going to go after their assets?

3. Do you just want to limit this to fire and rescue services or do you want us to pay additional taxes on other services we use. ie; if our home gets broken into do you want us to pay the police for coming out and solving the crime? If We ask our county commissioners to submit legislation, should we pay them a user fee?

Only idiots, drunks and drunk idiots who have to be pried out of a vehicle with the Hurst tools.

Everyone else gets free help because all our guys and gals are VOLUNTEERS!!!:yahoo: