Birthday Gift for a woman

H

Heretic

My Moms birthday is comming up and I have no idea what to get her. Always had a hard time shopping for women. I can buy my dad anything that plugs into the wall electric and he is happy. Gimme some ideas.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Ask her what she wants (or needs). :wink:

If that doesn't work...how about a gift certificate to her favorite hairdresser, clothes (or catalog) store, restaurant, a day spa, etc. You could always ger her some flowers or perfume.

What are her hobbies and how much do you want to spend? Does she collect anything? Does she need a lawn service or house cleaning?

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
I always like to receive power tools too! If she gardens - get her something from a garden store, sews then from a fabric store, reads, a cool bookmark and gift certificate, book lamp, etc. See the pattern?! If worse comes to worse, get her a cheesy card and stick in a gift certificate for Hechts "for the woman with everything". :cheers:

Frank

Chairman of the Board
Of course, only you know your mom well enough --

For my mom, it generally comes down to about three categories - jewelry (and I get LOTS of input from female family members who know what she likes) flowers - and I generally try to go for live plants she can have in a pot on the porch or indoors - this past Mother's Day I got her a large miniature rose bush - or stuff with apples on them - canisters, plates, mugs, flags -- she goes for the 'apple' motif.

Maybe it's the women I know, but most of them do not want something practical. 'Practical' is what they get themselves - gifts are supposed to be things they wouldn't necessarily buy for themselves.

Sierra39

Hairball Magnet
I agree with Frank...

Get her something she would NEVER buy herself...
Besides the great ideas mentioned about (Day Spa, Massage, etc.):

- Dinner for 2 certificate at her fav "fancy" restaurant
- Tickets for the theatre or a dinner cruise
- Romantic night for 2 at a nearby B&B

romance

One of the sinners
If she doesn't have a "Mother's Pride" ring, that would be a good idea. For the past few years my mother has been wanting a "Mother's Pride" ring. This year I think Dad and I are going to get her one. They are pretty and have her birthstone along with those of her kids. My mom loves them and can't wait till she gets one.

G

giggles04

Originally posted by romance
If she doesn't have a "Mother's Pride" ring, that would be a good idea. For the past few years my mother has been wanting a "Mother's Pride" ring. This year I think Dad and I are going to get her one. They are pretty and have her birthstone along with those of her kids. My mom loves them and can't wait till she gets one.

That is the best idea... we got my mom one and she loved it!

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Originally posted by Frank
...Maybe it's the women I know, but most of them do not want something practical. ....

Frank - Any time you want to buy me power tools - feel free:biggrin: Some rims would be nice, or a detail job on my car, .....

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
Originally posted by BchBns
whatever you decide on, in addition, send flowers to her mother, if she is still living ... it's a nice way to say thank you to her mother for giving you such a good one! you'll score some points, then, with both :wink:

That is extremely SAPPY, CORNY, and probably the best darned suggestion for a gift I've ever heard! Imagine the points you'd earn for that gift combination given to a Wife/Mother-In-Law... Amazing insight Bch...

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
How about silk pajamas along with some yummy bubble baths and lotions and candles.