New Restaurant?

SoccerFan

I see more and more renovation taking place on the restaurant at the La Quinta Inn in California, MD. They've redone the outside and painted it white. Also, there's the outline/frame for a new sign on the roof. Does anyone know what's going into that building?

BernieP

Resident PIA
Rat tat Fooie

Don't know how well known this is but the place had a real big problem with mice. So I wonder if the landlord did more then put lipstick on that pig.

Seriously, what would work there is a diner. The inn seems to do a decent business. I spend a lot of time in hotels and most places don't have restaurants. You have to get directions and drive someplace when all you want is a decent meal and to relax - not drive.
Breakfast and dinner and maybe a late night snack.

G1G4

Find em Hot, Leave em Wet
Not a restaurant, it's the start of the tollbooth's for the bridges that are going to lead to Ocean City.

SoccerFan

Rat tat Fooie

Don't know how well known this is but the place had a real big problem with mice. So I wonder if the landlord did more then put lipstick on that pig.

Seriously, what would work there is a diner. The inn seems to do a decent business. I spend a lot of time in hotels and most places don't have restaurants. You have to get directions and drive someplace when all you want is a decent meal and to relax - not drive.
Breakfast and dinner and maybe a late night snack.

I agree, a diner would work very well in that location. I wonder what they have planned.

SoccerFan

I'm probably over-thinking this whole thing but it has me curious about what could possibly be going into that location, especially since there seems to have been no publicity or news up to this point. The shape of the frame for the new sign seems familiar. Two companies that have signs with shapes similar to the new frame are Silver Diner and T.G.I. Friday's...

Silver Diner: Silver Diner - Home | Silver Diner

T.G.I. Friday's: T.G.I. Friday's Casual Dining Restaurant & Bar | In Here It's Always Friday.

fatratcat

I agree, a diner would work very well in that location. I wonder what they have planned.

A diner would be great! BUT what really need is a mega second-hand/liquor/banking/fast food/funeral home/flea market where you can get your nails done! 'Cause we don't enough of them!!!

BernieP

Resident PIA
A diner would be great! BUT what really need is a mega second-hand/liquor/banking/fast food/funeral home/flea market where you can get your nails done! 'Cause we don't enough of them!!!

Most of the liguor stores are small and trashy looking, what we need is a large trashy looking store

MarieB

They have liquor stores in Texas that are almost like warehouses, and they pop up in communities that are just outside of the lines of counties that are "dry"

I would love a Pei Wei here, but not in that location

SoccerFan

They have liquor stores in Texas that are almost like warehouses, and they pop up in communities that are just outside of the lines of counties that are "dry"

When the wife and I lived in Texas there was one in the far Northwestern part of Fort Worth that had a funny name, LIQ-O-RAMA: LIQ.

Last edited:

Rt235

I would love a Pei Wei here, but not in that location

Visited friends in the Corpus area years ago and out in the middle of nowhere was a HUGE Super, Super Walmart!
My kids were so excited at all the "stuff" until they had to walk it.(it seemed like 2-3 football fields in size)! And the size of the "indoor" liquor store...Amazing.

They say everything is bigger in Texas, and after that experience, we believed it!

TexasSunflower

Support Our Troops!
Visited friends in the Corpus area years ago and out in the middle of nowhere was a HUGE Super, Super Walmart!
My kids were so excited at all the "stuff" until they had to walk it.(it seemed like 2-3 football fields in size)! And the size of the "indoor" liquor store...Amazing.

They say everything is bigger in Texas, and after that experience, we believed it!

LOL they are called Hypermarts and they became real popular in the late 80's and early 90's. They were the beginnings of the "super" walmart that we see now, but much bigger. Most of them have closed now but there are still a few around. They were mainly built in large metroplex areas in Texas. It was a BIG thing back when the first one opened in Arlington Texas back in the late 80's. Everyone was amazed by it...Not sure why, guess by how big it was.