Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: $1,400 to reseed an acre

$1,400 to reseed an acre

I have an acre of land in calvert county (with a house), somewhat hilly. The company will kill everything (roundup), slit seed and fertilize (both back and front. I don't know if they are spreading hay? Is this a good price?

Quote Originally Posted by steppinthrax View Post
    I have an acre of land in calvert county (with a house), somewhat hilly. The company will kill everything (roundup), slit seed and fertilize (both back and front. I don't know if they are spreading hay? Is this a good price?
    that's almost 47 cents a sq foot. Back in 00 i believe we paid .26 a sq foot. sounds reasonable i guess.

Check for complaints against the company on BBB first! I've encountered at least one company around here that took my money and never showed.

Is your yard full of weeds now? I don't understand the need to roundup the entire yard.
    Crybaby Cripplecrow Hanging on a Monkey's Toe Club

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0nllyn View Post
    Is your yard full of weeds now? I don't understand the need to roundup the entire yard.
    Seems like they could just break up the top layer of soil with a bobcat instead of spreading so many chemicals in your yard??

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0nllyn View Post
    Just did mine, well, a section in front. Half crabgrass and other stuff mixed in with the grass. Seeded and put a little top soil ove that. We'll see how it goes.

I'll never have a nice lawn, no matter what steps I take. I have neighbors who actively cultivate weeds.
    Je suis prest

Husband worked for a landscaping company for 7 years and we always used round up before doing grass work (sod or seed). Its the best way to make sure there are no weeds and hopefully won't be any weeds for awhile. But that's really only if you care about the look and "quality." Lots of people don't mind some weeds in their yard, especially if they have a lot of yard. I don't think we would have done much with our grass/yard if it wasn't for his available resources. He's not here right now or else I'd ask him how much his company would have charged.
    Of course its happening inside your head, but why on earth should that mean that it isnt real?

Quote Originally Posted by calvcopf View Post
    Seems like they could just break up the top layer of soil with a bobcat instead of spreading so many chemicals in your yard??
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrat View Post
    Just did mine, well, a section in front. Half crabgrass and other stuff mixed in with the grass. Seeded and put a little top soil ove that. We'll see how it goes.
    I've used the grass seed with weed killer in it and it worked great. It's not baseball field quality, but hey, it's green!

After applying that, do some aerating, then seed. Spring time it should look great.

Now's the time to seed!
    Crybaby Cripplecrow Hanging on a Monkey's Toe Club

no longer CalvertNewbie daylily's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by steppinthrax View Post
    I don't know if that's a good price but you'd spend less if you rented a bobcat with a tiller/seeder attachment for a day. We rented ours from Jim's Air in PF last fall and the area we did looks amazing. We're planning to rent it again in October and till/seed the other side of the yard. Just a thought, although it'd certainly be nice to just have it done!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.