Presidential Debates 2012

bcp

In My Opinion
The schedule is set for President Barack Obama to squash the challenger in the debates and insure his own reelection to another four (4) years.

CNN always has the very best of all election coverage, and on October 3rd CNN is starting its coverage at 7pm.

Got to like David Gergen as he tells it like no other political analyst.

Link = Why debate is crucial for Obama, too (CNN) | David Gergen

:getdown:

The problem with the debates is that, neither person ever says anything of value.
then, those on the left, like CNN give the win to the left candidate while claiming that the rights candidate was a blathering idiot.
then, those on the right will come out and give the win to the rights candidate while claiming that the lefts candidate was a blathering idiot.

Interesting thing this time is that, well, simply put, the lefts candidate has proven already that he is below a blathering idiot.

I think that there should be no prepaired answers, no teleprompters and no microphones in the ear. The candidates should speak their own words and answer questions that they do not know are coming.
questions should be asked by the general public, there should be a bowl with written questions mailed in. A question pulled at random and asked (unless totally stupid) and the candidates answer it.

Anything less just ends up to be steering by those that are asking.

RPMDAD

The schedule is set for President Barack Obama to squash the challenger in the debates and insure his own reelection to another four (4) years.

CNN always has the very best of all election coverage, and on October 3rd CNN is starting its coverage at 7pm.

Got to like David Gergen as he tells it like no other political analyst.

Link = Why debate is crucial for Obama, too (CNN) | David Gergen

IMHO, they are both losers, and show what a sorry state this country is in if these 2 clowns are the best candidates for president this country could come up with at least Obama has a record of being a crappy president. That is all carry on.

JPCusick

My real name.
xxxxooooo

Tonight is the night that our great President Barack Obama gets to squash that presumptive challenger.

This debate is expected to be very much like the very first televised Presidential debate between Kennedy(D) and Nixon(R) in 1960.

President Obama is expected to be cool and calm and of course the best speaker with the best answers, while the challenger is sweating and perspiring and stumbling over his words, and then the challenger says some thing really offensive and some thing else very naive, as this debate is expected to be a grand slam home run for our President Obama.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Tonight is the night that our great President Barack Obama gets to squash that presumptive challenger.

This debate is expected to be very much like the very first televised Presidential debate between Kennedy(D) and Nixon(R) in 1960.

President Obama is expected to be cool and calm and of course the best speaker with the best answers, while the challenger is sweating and perspiring and stumbling over his words, and then the challenger says some thing really offensive and some thing else very naive, as this debate is expected to be a grand slam home run for our President Obama.

He is definitely not great. Oh wait, did you get the free Obama phone? I guess he great to you.

Vince

The problem with the debates is that, neither person ever says anything of value. then, those on the left, like CNN give the win to the left candidate while claiming that the rights candidate was a blathering idiot.
then, those on the right will come out and give the win to the rights candidate while claiming that the lefts candidate was a blathering idiot.

Interesting thing this time is that, well, simply put, the lefts candidate has proven already that he is below a blathering idiot.

I think that there should be no prepaired answers, no teleprompters and no microphones in the ear. The candidates should speak their own words and answer questions that they do not know are coming.
questions should be asked by the general public, there should be a bowl with written questions mailed in. A question pulled at random and asked (unless totally stupid) and the candidates answer it.

Anything less just ends up to be steering by those that are asking.
Kinda like JPC whenever he talks. :lol: Nothing of value.

Last edited:

itsbob

I bowl overhand

You are at the head of the entitlement class, and he IS your King..

I'd expect nothing but this drivel coming from the likes of you..

JPCusick

My real name.
Repair.

You are at the head of the entitlement class, and he IS your King..

I'd expect nothing but this drivel coming from the likes of you..

Truly - I am at the very low end of the entitlement class.

The big entitlements go to the wealthy and to those who have no need for the entitlements.

I am on the lowest order of Disability - SSI.

Other entitlements like the military retirement gives a large check plus benefits to a healthy person only 38 -42 years old for the rest of their life (join the military at 18 - 22 and serve 20 years gets lifetime entitlement checks).

And even they are not the BIG entitlements, as like the huge oil companies get huge subsidies from the Gov as their entitlements.

I really am at the very low end of the entitlement class.

It would be interesting if they would debate this in the debates tonight - but I expect not.

:coffee:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Truly - I am at the very low end of the entitlement class.

The big entitlements go to the wealthy and to those who have no need for the entitlements.

I am on the lowest order of Disability - SSI.

Other entitlements like the military retirement gives a large check plus benefits to a healthy person only 38 -42 years old for the rest of their life (join the military at 18 - 22 and serve 20 years gets lifetime entitlement checks).

And even they are not the BIG entitlements, as like the huge oil companies get huge subsidies from the Gov as their entitlements.

I really am at the very low end of the entitlement class.

It would be interesting if they would debate this in the debates tonight - but I expect not.

:coffee:

Name one subsidy an Oil Company gets...

It's not the oil companies breaking this country, it's people like you..

JPCusick

My real name.
Repair.

Name one subsidy an Oil Company gets...

It's not the oil companies breaking this country, it's people like you..

Here is one link = Should Oil Companies Continue to Receive Government Subsidies? | Fox News Insider
Note that is from Fox News.

And $4B is a bit more cash than what I get, and it would take a huge number of poor Disabled people to accumulate that $4B if it were paid to us.

And second link to Exxon / Mobil which declares = “They’re deductions from taxes that cover the cost of doing business and earning income to tax in the first place. Most of them are available to other manufacturers.

The big huge entitlements to businesses totally overwhelm the very small entitlements for poor American citizens.

:bigwhoop:

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Here is one link = Should Oil Companies Continue to Receive Government Subsidies? | Fox News Insider

And $4B is a bit more cash than what I get, and it would take a huge number of poor Disabled people to accumulate that $4B if it were paid to us.

And second link to Exxon / Mobil which declares = “They’re deductions from taxes that cover the cost of doing business and earning income to tax in the first place. Most of them are available to other manufacturers.

The big huge entitlements to businesses totally overwhelm the very small entitlements for poor American citizens.

Here's my question. What have you done that you deserve what you're getting? You got beat up in jail while you were locked up for a crime you committed. You're getting disability for the injury you got in jail. Why do you deserve this? You're not even a law abiding citizen and you're getting benefits.

JPCusick

My real name.
Repair.

Here's my question. What have you done that you deserve what you're getting? You got beat up in jail while you were locked up for a crime you committed. You're getting disability for the injury you got in jail. Why do you deserve this? You're not even a law abiding citizen and you're getting benefits.

This thread is about the debates or at least about subjects which might be in the debates - but it is not about me.

I realize you obsess over me, and there are other threads that are about me, or you can start another thread about me.

My own Disability is based on far more than just my back-injury from jail, and my status is very legal as I believe in being a law abiding citizen - except when the laws are evil.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I expect President Obama to be so brilliant tonight in the debate that us Democrats will have to behave our joy so as not to rub it in against the challenger.

:yahoo:

Bay_Kat

Tropical
This thread is about the debates or at least about subjects which might be in the debates - but it is not about me.

I realize you obsess over me, and there are other threads that are about me, or you can start another thread about me.

My own Disability is based on far more than just my back-injury from jail, and my status is very legal as I believe in being a law abiding citizen - except when the laws are evil.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I expect President Obama to be so brilliant tonight in the debate that us Democrats will have to behave our joy so as not to rub it in against the challenger.

:yahoo:

You just hold on to those thoughts, guess that's what gets you through your day.

itsbob

I bowl overhand

WOW in a single post you contradict yourself and probably didn't even realize it.

Tax exemptions are not subsidies.. and definitely not special exemptions just for oil companies..

JPCusick

My real name.
Reply.

WOW in a single post you contradict yourself and probably didn't even realize it.

Tax exemptions are not subsidies.. and definitely not special exemptions just for oil companies..

The point of our discussion was "entitlements" and not subsides.

The oil companies get some 4 billion dollars as their entitlement whether it comes from the US treasury or if it is withheld from the treasury, or whether it is huge cash money taken from one pocket and put into another pocket - they get huge entitlements of billions while poor citizens on Public Assistance gets peanuts in comparison.

The "exemptions" are entitlements too, just as are the subsidies or loop holes or benefits or grants or the many ways of getting various entitlements from the US Gov.

And it is not just oil Companies, as all big business and all very rich people get huge amounts of cash money which overwhelm the amount given to the poor and needy citizens.

The reason Romney paid only 13% taxes is because of certain tax breaks which are thereby his own entitlements.

Link = Romney Was in a ‘Unique Position’ on Tax Rate, Campaign Says - ABC News

Another thing that I understood is that the so-called charitable donations by Romney were really just donations or tithes to his Mormon Church.

:shrug:

bcp

In My Opinion
The point of our discussion was "entitlements" and not subsides.

The oil companies get some 4 billion dollars as their entitlement whether it comes from the US treasury or if it is withheld from the treasury, or whether it is huge cash money taken from one pocket and put into another pocket - they get huge entitlements of billions while poor citizens on Public Assistance gets peanuts in comparison.

The "exemptions" are entitlements too, just as are the subsidies or loop holes or benefits or grants or the many ways of getting various entitlements from the US Gov.

And it is not just oil Companies, as all big business and all very rich people get huge amounts of cash money which overwhelm the amount given to the poor and needy citizens.

The reason Romney paid only 13% taxes is because of certain tax breaks which are thereby his own entitlements.

Link = Romney Was in a ‘Unique Position’ on Tax Rate, Campaign Says - ABC News

Another thing that I understood is that the so-called charitable donations by Romney were really just donations or tithes to his Mormon Church.

:shrug:

What I just cant grasp, and perhaps you can help me here, is this.
How can you say that Mitt Romney, with almost 2 million paid in taxes, is paying less of a fair share than you, who pays no income tax yet collects money from the government.
Can you explain this fair share thing to me? How much should Romney, or the oil companies pay in order to be equal to your fair share?

JPCusick

My real name.
Reply.

What I just cant grasp, and perhaps you can help me here, is this.
How can you say that Mitt Romney, with almost 2 million paid in taxes, is paying less of a fair share than you, who pays no income tax yet collects money from the government.
Can you explain this fair share thing to me? How much should Romney, or the oil companies pay in order to be equal to your fair share?

Romney paid 2 million but he also gets to keep some 20 million this one year, which is just more millions piled on top of his other millions and millions.

For me (and other Disabled citizens) we pay no income tax because we do not get any income.

We poor folk still have to pay other taxes like assorted sales taxes, fuel tax and such.

Fair share does not mean an equal share, because the very wealthy are still very wealthy after they pay their taxes, while the very poor remain very poor even if we pay no taxes at all.

This is not a difficult concept.

:otter:

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Romney paid 2 million but he also gets to keep some 20 million this one year, which is just more millions piled on top of his other millions and millions.

For me (and other Disabled citizens) we pay no income tax because we do not get any income.

We poor folk still have to pay other taxes like assorted sales taxes, fuel tax and such.

Fair share does not mean an equal share, because the very wealthy are still very wealthy after they pay their taxes, while the very poor remain very poor even if we pay no taxes at all.

What's difficult? It's his money, he paid what he was supposed to, what is he supposed to do, give his money to leaches like you? Right.

bcp

In My Opinion

the rich pay more of those other taxes than you do. So that is a dead point.
so what if he still gets to keep his 20 million after taxes, he earned, worked for it. its his.
the ones not pulling their fair share are the ones that refuse to work, to support themselves, that take from society instead of contribute to it.

ylexot

Super Genius
My plan is to have my tablet set up streaming Gary Johnson's G+ Hangout during the debate :yay:

Although...now I'm wondering if I could set it up as a picture-in-picture...