No more saggy pants in Cocoa in 2013

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Interesting, I wonder if anyone else will adopt this.

BREVARD COUNTY --
Cocoa city police will soon be on pants patrol.

The city council approved an ordinance banning saggy pants Tuesday night.
Citations start at $25, $50 for a second offense, $75 for a third and $100 for each offense after that.

City leaders said it's to make sure Cocoa is known as a family-oriented community.

"It's our city leaders' vision to try and clean up the look of the city, and this is one of the steps they are taking towards that," said Officer Barbara Matthews of the Cocoa Police Dept.

And of course there are the ones who think it's stereotyping. IMO, it's just ridiculous looking and to some it's probably offensive.

slotpuppy

Ass-hole
Interesting, I wonder if anyone else will adopt this.

BREVARD COUNTY --
Cocoa city police will soon be on pants patrol.

The city council approved an ordinance banning saggy pants Tuesday night.
Citations start at $25, $50 for a second offense, $75 for a third and $100 for each offense after that.

City leaders said it's to make sure Cocoa is known as a family-oriented community.

"It's our city leaders' vision to try and clean up the look of the city, and this is one of the steps they are taking towards that," said Officer Barbara Matthews of the Cocoa Police Dept.

And of course there are the ones who think it's stereotyping. IMO, it's just ridiculous looking and to some it's probably offensive.

I dont know how its sterotyping. At my job, I see whites, blacks, hispanics, young and old wearing their pants pulled down. I laugh at all of them.

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
I don't like the idea of the police choosing what I get to wear. Besides, don't they have something better to do? Like I dunno, catch criminals? its probably another sham reason to search someone.:bigwhoop:

Candy_Pickletoe

I'm extremely offended by men in Speedos...it's Cocoa Beach, will they ban men in Speedos? I just think this is wrong. I can't stand the baggy pants look and have to absolutely fight the urge to run up and give the pants a yank, but just because I don't like it shouldn't mean that there is a law against it. All I have to do is look away to no longer be annoyed by the baggy pants...and speedos!

I don't see how they can enforce this... I don't like saggy pants (like the one in the middle in the picture) but I would rather see their boxers than their cracks!

Chris0nllyn

Think about it. If they are criminals, and have saggy jeans, wouldn't the saggy jeans make it harder to run? In turn making it easier for the cops to catch them?

Candy_Pickletoe

Think about it. If they are criminals, and have saggy jeans, wouldn't the saggy jeans make it harder to run? In turn making it easier for the cops to catch them?

I don't know, they have walking in them down to quite the science, that's for sure! I have no clue how they do it.