missing turkey

Artemis

No, its not a thanksgiving joke. Our turkey is really missing. He is two years old, very friendly, brown and white with a very ugly head. We live in Park Chesapeake behind the Ranch Club off of Little Cove Pt Rd. He has been missing for two days. I had hoped he was just hiding in our woods but he has not returned. We would really like to get him back, my kids are very upset about losing him. Please let me know if you see a turkey running around in our area of Lusby by PMing me. Thank you.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
I hope you find your turkey. It cannot be a good thing to be a turkey, missing and roaming around considering it is so close to Thanksgiving.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
No, its not a thanksgiving joke. Our turkey is really missing. He is two years old, very friendly, brown and white with a very ugly head. We live in Park Chesapeake behind the Ranch Club off of Little Cove Pt Rd. He has been missing for two days. I had hoped he was just hiding in our woods but he has not returned. We would really like to get him back, my kids are very upset about losing him. Please let me know if you see a turkey running around in our area of Lusby by PMing me. Thank you.

Hope you find your bird.

BentleysRider

Saw him this morning on Bafford Road, across Route 4. Bafford is off of Coster Road. He was fine and unconcerned, but did look lost. Look near the house with all the school buses.

SoMDGirl42

Thank you all for your concern. No luck by the buses but thanks for the notice.

as a Pet (please forgive me I don't know anything about turkeys) but will he come to you if you call him or he hears your voice?

I hope you get your pet back. I live in St. Mary's, so I probably won't be able to help you find him, but have you posted anything on facebook? I hear they have a lost pet section you could post him on.

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
as a Pet (please forgive me I don't know anything about turkeys) but will he come to you if you call him or he hears your voice?

I hope you get your pet back. I live in St. Mary's, so I probably won't be able to help you find him, but have you posted anything on facebook? I hear they have a lost pet section you could post him on.

risky...

he could be out just looking for some "stuffin".... close to mating season???

why dont you get some hunter that knows how to use a turkey call... and try to call him that way????

call him back to your home

Artemis

Oh yes, he will come when we call him. We looked for hours in the woods. Nothing. I think he might have been eaten by a fox or some other animal or more likely stolen. We never found any feathers from a struggle. If he was stolen, I hope the people enjoy him. Maybe they will choke.

Artemis

We have a turkey caller thingy, the thing the hunters use, we have a second turkey who also calls and makes noise and we have been out calling, rattling the food buckets. No luck. Good idea though and thank you all for the suggestions and help. I haven't given up hope yet but I think it is unlikely we will get him back at this point.

SoMDGirl42

We have a turkey caller thingy, the thing the hunters use, we have a second turkey who also calls and makes noise and we have been out calling, rattling the food buckets. No luck. Good idea though and thank you all for the suggestions and help. I haven't given up hope yet but I think it is unlikely we will get him back at this point.

I really hope you get him back. A pet is a pet, even if it's a turkey.

Roman

I have pet Chickens, and a Peacock. I love them. Artemis, I was talking to a Friend of ours that lives in your neighborhood about your missing Turkey. I asked if he had seen him. He said "No", but you & I both know this same Person. Small world. I hope you find your little Pal. Don't give up hope.

Artemis

Thanks again everyone for your well wishing. And yes Roman, it is a very small world!!

THIS HAS CORRECTIONS

I received a phone call this morning from a woman who found a farm type bird. It was not my turkey though. She didn't know what kind of bird it was. About the size of a large cat, white and tan, fan shaped tail and fairly friendly. Probably one of those fancy chickens or some kind of hybrid. She lives in a St. Marys neighborhood in California and gave the bird to animal control. So if you are missing a fancy bird, give them a call!

Last edited:

Artemis

Oh joyful day!! The turkey has been found!! Thank you everyone for all your help and well wishes. He was at a neighbor's house down the road.