Ipad help

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
How do I load a folder of .pdf files to an Ipad?
Then how do I open and use them?

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Dropbox, email, or Evernote will do it
Ok I better explain a lil further.... I have never used an Ipad. This is totally foreign to me. I am at the dropbox download but am waiting for the password from my company (it's a company Ipad). :lol:

Beta84

They're out to get us
Android is so much easier for this type of thing. You can actually move the files instead of needing fancy workarounds. :coffee:

stockgirl

Stocki
Android is so much easier for this type of thing. You can actually move the files instead of needing fancy workarounds. :coffee:

:yeahthat: I've talked to numerous people about the purchase of a tablet. They all agreed that the iPad would not be worth my money. I love the Android OS on my phone so I'm sticking with it on a tablet. IMO, iPad/Pod/Phone are rip-offs. I am so sick of buying iTunes to pay for games that are free on my phone. :lol:

Beta84

They're out to get us
Isn't android a phone?
there's a phone called the Droid, but Android is an operating system, much like the iPad and iPhone use an apple OS. The main difference is there's only one phone/manufacturer for the apple OS and a bunch of manufacturers for Android.

Plug it in to your computer, then drag and drop the files. Tap a file with your finger to open it.

When you plug the iPad into your computer, you can use it like a disk drive? I've never seen this capability with Apple so I'm a little skeptical. I know that works for Android, but I think you had to sync the iPad with something to get files to/from it.

jrt_ms1995

there's a phone called the Droid, but Android is an operating system, much like the iPad and iPhone use an apple OS. The main difference is there's only one phone/manufacturer for the apple OS and a bunch of manufacturers for Android.

When you plug the iPad into your computer, you can use it like a disk drive? I've never seen this capability with Apple so I'm a little skeptical. I know that works for Android, but I think you had to sync the iPad with something to get files to/from it.

Same thing, only different. When you plug it in your computer (obviously Windows or Mac) will launch that POS i-Tunes and sync or ask if you wish to sync, but, IIRC (I don't use one, I just have to deal with a technologically challenged individual who does), you'll also see (in Windows) the autoplay window open and ask what you'll like to do with the device, and you can open it to view files and drag-and-drop just like you're use to. Or you can move them similiarly within i-Tunes without sync'ing.

Just play with it; if you hose something you can always restore things to their original state, or tell the boss it was a silly idea to begin with.

Last edited:

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Plug it in to your computer, then drag and drop the files. Tap a file with your finger to open it.
That does not work. From all I've read, you need to set up dropbox. I DL dropbox and connected to my server via USB but am not seeing anything on Ipad.