Gone With The Wind

PJay

Oldie, but a Goodie.

Have no idea why they play it over and over around Thanksgiving.....

mamatutu

mama to two
Oldie, but a Goodie.

Because it is a classic. A sad time in our history, but it is part of our history. Wow! Look at the movies it was up against to win. How you doin', Home?

These are the other top movies in 1939.

Dark Victory
Gone With the Wind (The winner)
Goodbye, Mr. Chips
Love Affair
Mr. Smith Goes to Washington
Ninotchka
Of Mice and Men
Stagecoach
The Wizard of Oz
Wuthering Heights

1939 in film - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:

PJay

I watched it today, always a good one, but it's so long.

Yes, for so long I have to sit wanting to shake Scarlett because she gets on my nerves. She's so spoiled and childish.

I know they made a remake. Would like to see that one once again.

Hope you had a very nice Thanksgiving!

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Yes, for so long I have to sit wanting to shake Scarlett because she gets on my nerves. She's so spoiled and childish.

I know they made a remake. Would like to see that one once again.

Hope you had a very nice Thanksgiving!

Wasn't that a continuation? I read the book, can't remember the name of it though.

mamatutu

mama to two
Hanging in there, mama.

Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

I did. I was scared because I got saddled with the turkey and ham at the last minute because my sis-in-law is an EMT (who always does the meal at her house) and she got called in. I did good. Did you say you live in GA? I lived in Marietta in the early '80's. I hope you had a good Thanksgiving, as well. :huggy:

Last edited:

PJay

Wish I could remember the name though.

Duh, just broke down and googled it. It was called Scarlett. Go figure.

Yes, you beat me to it. Ever tried typing on a droid with a mini doxie jumping all over you?

PJay

I did. I was scared because I got saddled with the turkey and ham at the last minute because my sis-in-law is an EMT (who always does the meal at her house) and she got called in. I did good. Did you say you live in GA? I lived in Marietta in the early '80's. I hope you had a good Thanksgiving, as well. :huggy:

Glad all turned out well. Waiting for my cold to pass before getting my turkey cooked. Looking forward having turkey sandwich. Yes, GA

mamatutu

mama to two
Glad all turned out well. Waiting for my cold to pass before getting my turkey cooked. Looking forward having turkey sandwich. Yes, GA

Well, there is no set day for Thanksgiving; really, just because it was decreed/made official. Thanksgiving should be 24/7/365; that is how I was raised. I hope you get well soon. Enjoy you turkey sandwich. :huggy:

Last edited:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Oldie, but a Goodie.

Yeah, I can't make any Thanksgiving connection to it other than the four day weekend where folks have time to watch it.

It is a fabulous movie about human nature. Certainly over simplified and stereotyped but, still great stuff.