Bad restaurant stories

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Do tell! Can be either SoMD or not. The ones that stand out for me, and it happens that I was with mAlice at all of them:

Chef's American Bistro:
Every time I'd been there it was just bad. Once I went with mAlice for lunch and we sat outside. Asked for an ashtray and, yes he did, the server brought us a dirty one. :lol: We get our food, realize we have no utensils. Wait several minutes for the waitron to appear and ask him for some. I don't believe we ever got them. And my memory is of no iced tea refills, or attention at all once our plates were plunked down.

Tides:
A group of us went for lunch. Christy ordered a burger done such and such, blah blah. mAlice ordered the exact same thing with a very minor difference, like mayo on the side or something. Christy's came out perfect; mAlice's was all kinds of hosed up. Her burger was so overcooked it looked like a hockey puck. She asked for a new burger to be made and the waitdumbass actually had to bring the manager over, who acted like a #####, but did put in a new order. And don't you know, the second burger came out hockey puck and hosed up as well.

Catamaran's:
There is a review on here of our disappointing brunch there, with terrible service, sticky tables, bad food, and general stupidity.

Now, mAlice has a reputation as a restaurant terror, but I am her witness that these shortcomings were not her fault in any way.

cheezgrits

Thought pirate
wow, we ate at Chef's a couple of times and the food was awesome. Service was first rate. hmmmmm, guess inconsistent standards are just as bad as consistent bad.

Our recent trip to Isaac's was terrible. Food was sub par, service was lackluster but friendly. Four of us there, food came in twos. Literally, my wife and I were done before our guest got their food.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Our recent trip to Isaac's was terrible.

I don't have an Isaac's story, but the food there is just bad. Usually a screwed up steak is because it's cooked improperly, but this one tasted like it came out of a bag of saline. There were probably 8 or 10 of us at our table and I don't think anyone enjoyed their meal.

StadEMS3

PREMO Member
Brought first time meeting mother-in-law to Topolino's in Clinton in 1999. Sat a in a booth ajoining a half wall and a cockroach was sitting there waiting for our left overs. I told the waitress and she scooped it up with a napkin from our table. On our way out the manager gave us a $50 coupon for not making a scene. We never went back...

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Ate at Schiebles tonight.
Boy told me he knew the fish on the wall weren't real because they were the same fish last time we were there

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Tides:
A group of us went for lunch. Christy ordered a burger done such and such, blah blah. mAlice ordered the exact same thing with a very minor difference, like mayo on the side or something. Christy's came out perfect; mAlice's was all kinds of hosed up. Her burger was so overcooked it looked like a hockey puck. She asked for a new burger to be made and the waitdumbass actually had to bring the manager over, who acted like a #####, but did put in a new order. And don't you know, the second burger came out hockey puck and hosed up as well.

Now, mAlice has a reputation as a restaurant terror, but I am her witness that these shortcomings were not her fault in any way.

I so remember that lunch. Poor mAlice. :lol:

All I have to say is.....

HASHI! :tantrum followed by :bawl:

I'm still traumatized...:lol:

Aren't we all? :killingme

My story: Rosered and I went to lunch at Lone Star. We both ordered steak salads - mine with Ranch dressing and hers with Bleu cheese. After we each took a couple of bites out of our salads, I saw a look of horror cross her face and the mouthful she had yet to swallow was quickly deposited in her napkin. She showed me the LIVE cockroach doing the backstroke in her dressing and we were DONE. :barf: :dead:

somdfunguy

not impressed
Cockroach climbed out of my warm cinnamon roll at holiday inn express as I stuck my fork in to take my 3rd bite.

blazinlow89

Big Poppa
LOL I have had bad experiences at all of the same places vrail as well as others. Tides over cooked, over priced and disappointing (free gift card). Chefs was eh, appetizer was good, meal not so much burnt dried chicken, over cooked noodles, and the sauce was nasty. Catamarans was interesting, went when the Hell's Kitchen chef was all the rage, food was alright I had some pasta thing and the amount of wine in the sauce was nuts (cool for dinner not for lunch when I have to go to work). Got a new one made which had less wine in the sauce but was just bland. Finished the meal and I see the "chef" walk in sunglasses, sweating and looked hung over.

My own experiences, Ruddy duck had over cooked steak, second one came out under cooked. Crab cake was pretty damn good though. Most of the places I tried went under or are under new management so cannot complain much.

I have been to Topolino a few times and had excellent meals every time.

SoMdDude

About 2 months ago, I had a experience that I've NEVER had or seen before, and my family owned a restaurant, and I worked in them for years after I left the families place, anyway.....

Bostons in Waldorf

Our server was pretty bad/new, what ever you want to call him. We order a piece of cheesecake for dessert... my girlfriend takes one bite out of it and says it tastes stale , take a bite... so I pick my fork up and take a bite, yep freezer burnt/stale tasting. We call the server over and tell him its stale, please take it off of our bill, we do not want another piece... he says I'm sorry. We thought he was going to pick it up and throw it away, instead, he picks the fork up I just used... picks the plate up, THEN PROCEEDS TO TAKE A BITE OF THE CHEESECAKE WITH THE FORK I JUST USED RIGHT IN FRONT OF US!!

I had never seen any server take a bite of food like that in front of a customer, ever! And with a fork that was used, lol wtf was he thinking!!!!???

Called the manager over and he had no clue what to do and was dumbfounded, so we asked for the GM's name/number and got in touch with him. He apologized 1000x and even fired the guy the following day...At least he refunded me my whole purchase and gave us a gift card but it was only worth like $20 ... cant say we will ever go there again because of this ordeal

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Years ago, my husband and I were in Lone Star in Lexington Park, I ordered something that came with the "fresh vegetable of the day" and when they brought the plate out, the vegetables were still in the little plastic bag they microwaved them in. I got a good laugh out of it, and we never went back although I really liked their wings.

SamSpade

Asahi..

This was a long time ago, but while a bunch of us were seated around the large table, I wanted sushi instead.

All through the "performance", each time I asked, they told me it was coming.

To make a long story short - it never arrived. I was told later that the only person who made sushi worked at the bar, and the bar patrons were the first priority - always.

To add insult to injury - they charged me for it **ANYWAY**. I fought them about it, and they graciously took it off. I was surprised at their attitude - you'd think they'd be embarrassed and offer compensation - nope - they thought not making me pay for what I didn't get was a stretch.

We've gone back - but - I'm not ordering anything around the big table that ain't MADE at the big table.

SamSpade

Ruby's once lost my credit card - they found it - I think UNDER THE DISHWASHER - but I got it back.

idiganthro

Bob Evans in Saint Mary's county- whole visit was a disaster, but the worst part was my husband turning over his hamburger and the whole bottom bun was moldy underneath. Haven't been back to that one or any other since.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Bob Evans in Saint Mary's county- whole visit was a disaster, but the worst part was my husband turning over his hamburger and the whole bottom bun was moldy underneath. Haven't been back to that one or any other since.

Ya' know what we need to do? When we have food like this put in front of us, we should ask to see the cook. I say cook because we know damn well they aren't chef's. When the cook arrives, ask "Would you please take a bit of this and tell me what you think?"

DEEKAYPEE8569

They charged my credit card twice for the same meal...took forever to get it straightened out...won't be going there again! The food was nasty too!

See? That's a problem I have with paying your bill with a credit/debit card; especially if the server picks up your paid bill; with your plastic, and disappears somewhere. Who or what's to say that he/she is not doing that very thing? Or, to even carry that on to the nth degree; taking your plastic and ordering something over the phone with it.
Credit/debit cards are supposed to be convenient; then THIS kinda stuff always happens.