William & Kate have nothing on Obama

cwo_ghwebb

No Use for Donk Twits
From the New York Daily News:

"Snooki Gives Kate Middleton Advice On Being A New Parent."

Great! Maybe Kate could return the favor and give Snooki and her fellow Americans some advice. About fiscal prudence, for example. Say what you like about a high-living, big-spending, bloated, decadent parasitical, wastrel monarchy, but, compared to the citizen-executive of a republic of limited government, it's a bargain. So, while the lovely Duchess of Cambridge nurses her baby bump, the equally radiant President of the United States nurses his ever more swollen debt belly. He and his family are about to jet off on their Christmas vacation to watch America slide off the fiscal cliff from the luxury beach resort of Kailua. The cost to taxpayers of flying one man, his wife, two daughters and a dog to Hawaii is estimated at $3,639,622. For purposes of comparison, the total bill for flying the entire Royal Family (Queen, princes, dukes, the works) around the world for a year is £4.7 million – or about enough for two Obama vacations.

According to the USAF, in 2010 Air Force One cost American taxpayers $181,757 per flight hour. According to the Royal Canadian Air Force, in 2011 the CC-150 Polaris military transport that flew William and Kate from Vancouver to Los Angeles cost Her Majesty's Canadian subjects $15,505 per hour – or about 8/100ths of the cost.

/snip

Nevertheless, Canadian journalists and politicians #####ed and whined about the cost of this disgusting jet-set lifestyle nonstop throughout the tour. At the conclusion of their official visit to California, Their Royal Highnesses flew on to Heathrow with their vast entourage of, er, seven people – and the ingrate whining Canadians passed the baton to their fellow ingrate whiners across the Atlantic. As the Daily Mail in London reported, "High Fliers: Prince William and his wife Kate spend an incredible £52,000 on the one-way flight from L.A. to London for themselves and their seven-strong entourage." Incredible! For £52,000, you couldn't take the president from Washington to a state visit to an ice cream parlor in a Maryland suburb. Obama flew Air Force One from Washington to Williamsburg, Va., requiring a wide-bodied transatlantic jet that holds 500 people to ferry him a distance of a little over 100 miles. And, unlike their British and Canadian counterparts, the American media are entirely at ease with it.
Mark Steyn: William & Kate have nothing on Obama | one, president, royal - Opinion - The Orange County Register

Note: Poster bolded pertinent information.

Fiscal responsibility isn't a strong point of this First Royal Family.

But I can understand why Obama wouldn't go to HIS home in Chicago. The Secret Service would have a bear of a time protecting the First Royal Family in a city that had 436 murders by the end of October.

P.S. Rahm Emanuel thinks the country should be run like Chicago! I guess that might help the welfare expenditures of the country.

Rommey

According to the USAF, in 2010 Air Force One cost American taxpayers $181,757 per flight hour.
That figure looks like it takes in the amount to maintain the two airplanes as well as the actual cost to fly the plane. For a fleet of two, the costs are going to be higher since there are fewer airplanes to spread the costs out.

But what's not said is that figure is just what's reported for just the one airplane. It doesn't take in to account the other airplanes (i.e., C-5/C-17 transports) that accompany AF1, in addition to the helicopters (i.e., Marine One), limos, Secret Service vehicles, etc., etc., etc., ...

mamatutu

mama to two
Now, I understand why taxes need to be raised; to keep King Obama in the life style to which he has become accustomed. Somebody needs to tell him that he looks like a real ass to take such a lavish vacation in the middle of a fiscal crisis. Oh, yes, I forgot; Obama thinks the Constitution begins with "Me the People..." Aloha, Ali'i Obama!

Last edited:

cwo_ghwebb

No Use for Donk Twits
Now, I understand why taxes need to be raised; to keep King Obama in the life style to which he has become accustomed. Somebody needs to tell him that he looks like a real ass to take such a lavish vacation in the middle of a fiscal crisis. Oh, yes, I forgot; Obama thinks the Constitution begins with "Me the People..." Aloha, Ali'i Obama!

Well, hopefully, King Obama, Queen Moochelle and a dog named Boo will all take the same plane this time around. :sarcasm: