The Hobbit

KingFish

Nothing to see here
Watched the Hobbit last night. The three hours flew by. Had a couple of slow scenes but it was worth it. Now I have to wait for the next release.

:buddies:

Radiant1

Soul Probe
Watched the Hobbit last night. The three hours flew by. Had a couple of slow scenes but it was worth it. Now I have to wait for the next release.

:buddies:

I thought that didn't open until the 14th? I already have my tix, I can't wait to see it! :yahoo:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
:cds:
Just looked it up, three movies; The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug, The Hobbit: There and Back Again.

:banghead:

At least three freaking years to see the whole thing
:bonk: :whack: :mad: :drama: :tantrum

Radiant1

Soul Probe
:cds:
Just looked it up, three movies; The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug, The Hobbit: There and Back Again.

:banghead:

At least three freaking years to see the whole thing
:bonk: :whack: :mad: :drama: :tantrum

Beautiful torture! I'd rather string it out for three years because I'll be so disheartened when they're finally done. Hopefully Jackson will tackle The Silmarillion, it's the only one left. :lol:

glhs837

Power with Control
Yep, they are stuffing in a lot more stuff than just what was in the Hobbit. Because in "reality", that story was one tiny piece of a much larger story, the prelude to the war for the One ring. So I'm am cool with it taking three movies.

I was convinced it was going to be okay when he nailed Moira so well. The look, the sounds, the Balrog, it was as if he was able to see the images my mind had built for those scenes when I read it in 1976:)

The daughter and I were talking the other day about the Silmarillion, and hoping he gets to play in there also. Much harder to do, it's so disjointed without the detail and characterization of the other books. But if anyone can pull it, I think he can.

Don't Fear "The Hobbit" at 48 Frames-Per-Second | NBC4 Washington

"The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey", the upcoming prequel to "The Lord of the Rings," is being shown in a new format that has some fans feeling a bit off -- even though medical science and 40 years of experience say it should be just fine.

For decades, the standard has been for films to be shot and shown in 24 frames-per-second (fps), but director Peter Jackson decided that he wanted to shoot the Hobbit in 48 fps, citing the heightened clarity the format provides. The movie will be released Dec. 14.

There's no question that watching "The Hobbit" in 3D at 48 fps is a totally new experience, one you notice immediately. Everything from the fluidity of motion to the smallest detail is hyper-articulated. At times you can feel like you're there with Bilbo and the dwarves, rather than watching a film, which can be a bit disconcerting.

PJay

Looking forward seeing this movie!

This person for sure a big fan.......

"CHESTER COUNTY, Pa. (AP) — Worlds away from the Shire, a stone cottage tucked into the Pennsylvania countryside would make Bilbo Baggins feel like he was back home with his Hobbit friends in Middle-earth.

Nestled in a part of Chester County dotted with picturesque barns and rolling fields surprisingly close to Philadelphia, this Hobbit house belongs to a lifelong fan of author J.R.R. Tolkien who wanted a worthy — and private — repository for the rare books and Tolkien-inspired memorabilia he has collected in 30 years of travel in the U.S. and abroad.

The 600-square foot building is a short walk from his main house, on a flat stone path and through an English-style garden. "

Take a Tour of This ‘Hobbit House’ Tucked Away Into the Pennsylvania Countryside | TheBlaze.com

Last edited:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
A friend and I went to see it yesterday and LOVED it. We saw it in 3-D and I have to say I jumped a couple of times. :lol:

With all the "coming and attractions" before and then the movie itself, it was a solid 3 hours with no intermission. So be prepared for an "iron butt" experience but it was well worth it. :yay:

slotpuppy

Ass-hole
A friend and I went to see it yesterday and LOVED it. We saw it in 3-D and I have to say I jumped a couple of times. :lol:

With all the "coming and attractions" before and then the movie itself, it was a solid 3 hours with no intermission. So be prepared for an "iron butt" experience but it was well worth it. :yay:

I saw it new years eve. The theater here in the dorf has reclining seats so I didnt have the "iron butt". It was a good movie, but now we have to wait for the next two. :cds:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I saw it new years eve. The theater here in the dorf has reclining seats so I didnt have the "iron butt". It was a good movie, but now we have to wait for the next two. :cds:

I admit I haven't been to Waldorf in ages and may have to venture up there to check out the theater with those comfy recliners. We went to Annapolis to see it and while the stadium seating was nice, it just wasn't 3 hours worthy nice. :lol:

I don't mind waiting for the next installment. It builds anticipation and will allow me time to revisit the book first. :yay:

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
I went to the 9:45 am show Sunday morning. The new Waldorf theater is amazing!! And so was the movie! 2.5 hours long.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
And a note to parents: please do not take your young child to see this movie. It is way too long for them and at times extremely violent.

I was seated next to about a 4 or 5 year old accompanied by his father and after about an hour he was squirming mightily and starting to talk. After being accidentally kicked several times, the father noticed and switched seats so the child was no longer next to me but you could still feel the vibrations though the seats of the kid bouncing around and occasionally hear him talking when bored. I give kudos to the father taking care of his child before it became an issue but it still was a bit disruptive at times.

dustin

UAIOE
NOT RECOMMENDED, if someone you are taking with you has not seen or are at least familier with the Lord Of The Rings books/movies, or hasn't read The Hobbit.

OMG, I don't understand how you can be a 'Murican and not know anything about LOTR or the Hobbit. I swear my mom must be a hobbit and doesn't know it.

So other than explaining everything after the movie (luckily the boy was next to her), it was a great movie!