Could you pass a US citizenship test?

SamSpade

96 out of 96. The only one that made me think was the year the Constitution was *written* (rather than ratified).

SamSpade

There is no effing way I am going to click through a web design THAT bad. 100 freaking pages???

Actually more because besides 96 pages, there's a page for each answer you give, with the correct one.

Still, I wanted to see if I would ace it, and it really wasn't hard.

bcp

In My Opinion
Yes I can.
I have a birth certificate to establish that fact, as do my parents, their parents, their grandparents etc....

Next question?

StadEMS3

PREMO Member
I was doing good but it takes to long to go through a page or two per question so I gave up.

Tech

Racist quiz, it was in English and there that question about when taxes are paid.

SamSpade

Slavery WAS NOT the Raison d'être for the Civil War

There is absolutely no question that it was *a* reason for the Civil War. It was without question the biggest reason for the South leaving the Union.

And as observed by some historians - the first I read mention this was Joseph Ellis - if it weren't for slavery, there would not have been a Civil War.

He and others observed that most revolutions are followed immediately by civil war. Ours was no exception - it just took longer to happen.

philibusters

There is absolutely no question that it was *a* reason for the Civil War. It was without question the biggest reason for the South leaving the Union.

And as observed by some historians - the first I read mention this was Joseph Ellis - if it weren't for slavery, there would not have been a Civil War.

He and others observed that most revolutions are followed immediately by civil war. Ours was no exception - it just took longer to happen.

That is my opinion also and I have read more than most on the Civil War.

Simply put, states rights is not near enough of a contentioius issue to rise to the level of succession if the states right question wasn't tied so closely to slavery. It is trues states rights issues had come up a few times prior to the Civil War in circumstances not relating to slavery. The Virginia and Kentucky Resolutions for example, or the tarriff around 1830. However, normal political processes easily resolved those issues. Normal political processes could not resolve the slavery issue and those states rights as it was interwined with slavery became the issue that caused the Civil War.

Pete

Repete
100% but it made me think, why do we still have selective service? I looked it up and the budget was only $22M but why not cancel the thing?

Sweet 16

^^8^^
I only got a 95%, but most were dumb mistakes from not reading all the answers or misinterpreting the question. Some were trickily worded. This is pretty basic stuff most 5th graders could answer. I'd like to see a little more stringent line of questioning for those wishing to join our ranks. I'd also love to see how some of those dimwits on "Jay-walking" would do on this test. Or not.