I hate elections!

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Just wanted to blow off some steam before tomorrow's primary. I can't stand how the candidates promise the sun and moon if they get elected. I can't stand how they warn of plagues of locusts if their opponents win.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
I love election year! Out with the old and in with the new (hopefully). Alot can be said about a person's character by how they run their campaign. It makes it easier to narrow down the choices too.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I think it makes a difference if you can actually see the candidate in person - you get a better feel for them that way. Sometimes a candidate you support will do something so inappropriate that it makes you step back and go "wait a minute".

K

Kizzy

I wish I could feel that way. I was so sick of hearing the commercials on the radio today at work. Vote for me!! No, Vote for me!! The roads are littered with signs and oh those endless promises, promises. It is just the same thing that happens in my job. Once they get the position (rank) they seem to forget those little people who got them there in the first place. The decisions they make from there on out are for the best interest of their futures and not for the little people who got them there in the first place. Maybe it is my terrible attitude. Remember, I work with many of those future politicians. :rolleyes:

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
What I hate most about elections is the fearmongering. I think it's immoral to manipulate people that way.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Well Tonio, some people are smart enough to figure things out for themselves, so fearmongering is lost on us. To those that don't bother to do their own research or don't care, you get what you vote for.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Originally posted by Darlene
Thank God....it will all be over with this time tomorrow. :clap:

Don't be too sure. After what happened in Florida in 2000, I forsee all kinds of trouble. Bush and Gore and their handlers acted like spoiled brats. It was like a preview of my daughter's colic when she was a month old. I've never been able to stand either Ehrlich or KKT. If there's any recount controversy this year, we should lock them up together and give them bats, so they can pummel each other sensless.

J

justhangn

Originally posted by Tonio
Ehrlich or KKT. If there's any recount controversy this year, we should lock them up together and give them bats, so they can pummel each other sensless.

KKT would go into the room in that state. :razz2:

K

Kizzy

Well no doubt this is going to be a close race. I will not be suprised if we know nothing this evening after the polls close. It could be days. :frown:

I just hope it isn't KKT. I am keeping my fingers crossed and making sure all my friends and family vote today.

K

Kizzy

Just found out the hubbie canceled out my Sheriff vote. We did disagree on that one. :lol: