Isn't it Ironic?

BuddyLee

Football addict
Mr. playitsafe was afraid to fly. He packed his suitcase and kissed his kids good bye. He waited his whole damn life to take that flight and when the plane crashed down he said "Well is'nt this nice".:dance:

K

Kizzy

Gezz, It's like a black fly in your Chardonnay or a death row pardon two minutes too late

who would've thought it figures :shrug:

Last edited by a moderator:

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
On January 31st, Craig won the $9.7 million dollar Hoosier Lotto jackpot. His best friend says Craig then formed a limited partnership with 16 relatives.

hmmmm. :scratchingmyhead: money makes folks do strange things ... even family members. :frown:

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Originally posted by CMC122
Don't ya think?

Just a little too ironic, yeah I really do think!

:lol: Pop Up Video correctly pointed out that most of the "ironic" things in the song were just bummers.

SamSpade

Re: Re: Isn't it ironic?

Originally posted by Tonio
:lol: Pop Up Video correctly pointed out that most of the "ironic" things in the song were just bummers.

Yeah - I once heard a DJ say "it's a bummer if there's a black fly in your Chardonnay - it's IRONIC if the black fly is holding a glass of a *BETTER* wine in HIS hand, while bathing in your drink!".

Toxick

Splat
Re: Re: Isn't it ironic?

Originally posted by Tonio

It's one of the things that makes my eyelid :twitch: whenever I hear that song. It's a decent song, I suppose, but being a fan of Irony, it kills me that there is no irony mentioned in the song.

Like the 10,000 spoons when all you need is a knife... that's not irony. Irony would be if you finally do find a knife: and it turns out you needed a spoon after all.

A no smoking sign on your cigarette break would be ironic... if it was covered with cigarette burn marks.

And then meeting the man of your dreams and meeting his beautiful wife: Not ironic. Irony would be if you met the man of your dreams - and it turns out that it's your ex-husband.

Or, perhaps the entire song is deliberately ironic, in that it contains no examples of irony. :biggrin: