Banning Guns works...

Severa

Common sense ain't common
Wikipedia? Really? The same site that my 8th grader is not allowed to use as a reference source in school because it can be accessed and edited by ANYONE?
WOOOOOW. You really showed us. :rolleyes:

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
After this incident assault weapons were banned and since then not one incident.

Dunblane school massacre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

here is another examplemit works!

Gun politics in Australia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Did you even read what you quoted, it has two more listed in the very first paragraph. Maybe if I make them stand out a little better it'll help

Along with the 1987 Hungerford Massacre and the 2010 Cumbria shooting, it remains one of the worst criminal acts involving firearms in the history of the United Kingdom
So apparently it didn't work as well as you thought.

thatguy

Wirelessly posted

Merlin99 said:
After this incident assault weapons were banned and since then not one incident.

here is another examplemit works!

Gun politics in Australia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Did you even read what you quoted, it has two more listed in the very first paragraph. Maybe if I make them stand out a little better it'll help

Along with the 1987 Hungerford Massacre and the 2010 Cumbria shooting, it remains one of the worst criminal acts involving firearms in the history of the United Kingdom
So apparently it didn't work as well as you thought.

Well the first that you list happened before the Scotland ban, and the second did not involve semi auto weapons and there wasnt a single mass murder, it was more a string of muders.

So it could be argued that the ban did work to some effect.

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
Wirelessly posted

Well the first that you list happened before the Scotland ban, and the second did not involve semi auto weapons and there wasnt a single mass murder, it was more a string of muders.

Bans will NOT work unless the CRIMINALS honor them. And guess what? That is NOT happening.

limblips

PREMO Member

Absolute BS! Here is a list of mass killings in Great Britan. The first one is the Dunblane, check the dates. How about Derrick Bird? Richard Fielding? And other post 1996. You perpetuate lies to make your point. Loser!

17 1996 THOMAS HAMILTON

16 1987 Michael Ryan

12 2010 DERRICK BIRD

7 1999 RICHARD FIELDING

5 1986 GEORGE STEPHENSON
5 2003 Kenneth Regan & William Horncy
5 1985 Jeremy Bamber

4 1909 Samuel Atherley
4 1988 ANTHONY ARKWRIGHT
4 2006 Rahan Arshad

4 2004 DANIEL GONZALEZ

4 1999 David Morris

4 2006 DAVID BRADLEY

4 2004 MARK HOBSON

3 1983 ARTHUR HUTCHINSON

3 2012 MICHAEL ATHERTON

3 1982 WILBERT DYCE
3 2004 Richard Hicks

3 2000 AZHAR ALI MEHMOOD

3 2001 Karl Bluestone

3 2001 Drew Afleck

3 2007 PIERRE WILLIAMS

blazinlow89

Big Poppa
Since when did semi-auto=Assault weapon thatguy. Not to mention I was reading an article that showed weapons used in all of the incidents since Columbine and one time was an actual assault weapon used, an AK-47.

dontknowwhy

Absolute BS! Here is a list of mass killings in Great Britan. The first one is the Dunblane, check the dates. How about Derrick Bird? Richard Fielding? And other post 1996. You perpetuate lies to make your point. Loser!

17 1996 THOMAS HAMILTON

16 1987 Michael Ryan

12 2010 DERRICK BIRD

7 1999 RICHARD FIELDING

5 1986 GEORGE STEPHENSON
5 2003 Kenneth Regan & William Horncy
5 1985 Jeremy Bamber

4 1909 Samuel Atherley
4 1988 ANTHONY ARKWRIGHT
4 2006 Rahan Arshad

4 2004 DANIEL GONZALEZ

4 1999 David Morris

4 2006 DAVID BRADLEY

4 2004 MARK HOBSON

3 1983 ARTHUR HUTCHINSON

3 2012 MICHAEL ATHERTON

3 1982 WILBERT DYCE
3 2004 Richard Hicks

3 2000 AZHAR ALI MEHMOOD

3 2001 Karl Bluestone

3 2001 Drew Afleck

3 2007 PIERRE WILLIAMS

WOW!!! That's a pretty big list for something BigBlueBalls says hasn't happened since the assault weapons ban went into effect.

BigBlueBalls, did you see this list? What say you libturd?

thatguy

Since when did semi-auto=Assault weapon thatguy. Not to mention I was reading an article that showed weapons used in all of the incidents since Columbine and one time was an actual assault weapon used, an AK-47.

where did i say semi auto = assault weapon?

I didn't.

But the reality is that assault weapon will be defined in the assault weapons ban, the politicians can define it any way they want, just like last time.

SamSpade

Two things - one, the evidence shows that certainly gun CRIME has risen substantially since the ban. They don't have as much there as here, but..

Two - when you BAN something, it should go down. Down. Hopefully to zero, but it ought to go down a lot. When a ban results in more crime, it is like going on a diet and claiming you only gained five pounds. It doesn't work.

stgislander

PREMO Member
I need to research this tonight, but wasn't the result of the Dunblane massacre not just a ban on weapons, but a government confiscation program of practically every handgun and long gun in the UK?

lante

Errrr... Columbine. Assault weapons ban was in place. FAIL! :ohwell:

This was a fial - because you could buy from the next state and take across state lines.

Not a fail in Australia, as since Pt Arthur - we have not had an incident like this happen. Yet you have laws in certain states but other states dont enforce them, of course this will keep happening.

Also please explain why someone needs an military assault rifle at home...?:whistle:

SamSpade

Also please explain why someone needs an military assault rifle at home...?:whistle:

If you'd been around during the LA riots, you wouldn't be asking.

It is our right. No one should be able to take it away with the remark "you don't NEED it".

With that as a reason, almost anything can be confiscated from you.

LuckyMe143

Oh banning guns didn't work when someone put one to my head so they can steal my car. The bastard who did it just got out of jail for drugs and gun charges. So you see banning don't do sh!t!

blazinlow89

Big Poppa
Wirelessly posted

In response to another comment on the assault weapons ban.