What do you expect?

PsyOps

Pixelated
After reading all the folks calling for a ban on assault weapons, some questions need to be answered.

What do you expect to happen when the ban is implemented?

Do you expect all assault weapons to disappear from our streets?

Do you expect people that currently own them to just turn them in?

Do you expect our government to not just ban the sale of them but also confiscate them?

What do you expect the end result of an assault weapons ban to look like?

bcp

In My Opinion
I expect never to hear about a robbery at a gas station or a 7-11
I can take the door locks off my house and my cars.
I will be able to walk through the baltimore slums (ok, baltimore) as a white man and not have to keep an eye on my surroundings.

I think we will all suddenly see the light and join hands across the country and sing songs of unity and diversity (not sure how those to go together).
there will be no more thefts, rapes, accidents, illness or death.

We will return to the garden of Eden.

all praise obama for he has guided us out of the desert of despair and into the promised land, he has brought peace to all of the earth.

PsyOps

Pixelated
I expect never to hear about a robbery at a gas station or a 7-11
I can take the door locks off my house and my cars.
I will be able to walk through the baltimore slums (ok, baltimore) as a white man and not have to keep an eye on my surroundings.

I think we will all suddenly see the light and join hands across the country and sing songs of unity and diversity (not sure how those to go together).
there will be no more thefts, rapes, accidents, illness or death.

We will return to the garden of Eden.

all praise obama for he has guided us out of the desert of despair and into the promised land, he has brought peace to all of the earth.

Last edited:

bcp

In My Opinion
I expect people to stick their head in the sand

thats already being done.
thats why hitler 2 thinks he can do whatever he thinks he wants to do.
Hitler went after the Jews, obama is going after those that work.

P.S.
Yes I spelled Hitler with a capital H while I spelled obama with a lower case o and yes it is because I actually respect Hitler more than obama. I think Hitler was a much better class of human.

thatguy

Wirelessly posted

bcp said:
I expect people to stick their head in the sand

thats already being done.
thats why hitler 2 thinks he can do whatever he thinks he wants to do.
Hitler went after the Jews, obama is going after those that work.

P.S.
Yes I spelled Hitler with a capital H while I spelled obama with a lower case o and yes it is because I actually respect Hitler more than obama. I think Hitler was a much better class of human.

Looking for "most ignorant post of the year" award are ya?

bcp

In My Opinion
Wirelessly posted

Looking for "most ignorant post of the year" award are ya?

I feel left out, after voting for the illegal dark one, you got the most ignorant vote of the year award. Well, you and all the bottom feeders out there.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
P.S.

Wouldn't that make O - Stalin or Lenin ? Mao

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
I think a national assault weapon ban will be as effective as the one currently in place in CT

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
if you mean o, then no I still hold more respect for Stalin or Lenin or Mao.

well true, but Hitler worked with big business

Stalin / Lenin took them over and executed the former managers and owners

mamatutu

mama to two
After reading all the folks calling for a ban on assault weapons, some questions need to be answered.

Do you expect our government to not just ban the sale of them but also confiscate them?

I thought if you already own them before the ban, you can retain possession. I find it hard to believe the gov would implement a confiscation of guns, but anything can happen. If it were to happen, that would be one serious "red flag" for Amercians.

tommyjo

What do you expect to happen when the ban is implemented?

Do you expect all assault weapons to disappear from our streets?

Do you expect people that currently own them to just turn them in?

What do you expect the end result of an assault weapons ban to look like?

As usual you exude stupidity and ignorance. You are so narrow minded in your approach to every topic.

You and your idiot friends GRUPS and bcp treat every issue as an absolute. The answer is either A or B. A is your warped view of conservative principles and is right in every case and option B is your warped view of liberal principles and those are wrong in every case.

It is amazing how such simple, common sense concepts need to be explained to you and your comrades in arms on such elementary levels...and even when things are explained to you at a 1st grade level, you still either don't understand or refuse to understand. You just plug your ears, close your eyes and stomp your feet...just like a 1st grader.

Its no wonder Congress is so dysfunctional...they are elected by and represent people like you an nnboy...(nnboy being your polar opposite).

I have never read anything as ridiculous as the comments on here that the slaughter of 20 elementary school kids in their classrooms is the price of freedom. How on earth can anyone look at their reflection in the mirror after making such an assinine comment?

Oh and to answer you ridiculous questions...those with common sense know an assualt weapons ban won't stop mass shootings. But it will reduce the likelihood of their occurance.

Those with common sense look around the world and compare the US to other countries...the occurance of these instances are infinitely smaller worldwide than here. Obviously, we should look to what other countries do in this area. Being #1 in gun deaths and injuries is not a position we should be happy about.

Most importantly, those with common sense know beyond a shadow of any doubt that your right to own any weapon you choose with the maximum magazine capacity and highest possible rate of fire does not, under any circumstance, take priority over a 7 year old's right to a future!

And to drive that point home, I suggest you read the Declaration of Independence. Since you and your comrades in arms are so concerned about the Bill of Rights and the second ammendment....maybe you should consider that other founding document of our nation:

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness"

To sum up your position, your right to own a gun that can slaughter the largest number of people in the shortest amount of time is more important than every other citizen's right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

Based on recent polls, the majority of the country feels differently.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
And to drive that point home, I suggest you read the Declaration of Independence. Since you and your comrades in arms are so concerned about the Bill of Rights and the second ammendment....maybe you should consider that other founding document of our nation:
Actually, you should read John Locke's Second Treatise of Government. Jefferson pretty much stole the words out of Locke's mouth.

Our Founding Fathers pretty much followed his outline for determining the King was an illegal form of government and then followed his outline for revolution.

Hmmm...on further reflection, Locke defined three forms of illegitimate government:
1) Unjust foreign conquest
2) Internal usurpation of political rule
3) Tyrannical extension of power by those who were originally legitimately in power

I think it's time to for all Americans to re-visit this book.

PsyOps

Pixelated
It is amazing how such simple, common sense concepts need to be explained to you and your comrades in arms on such elementary levels...and even when things are explained to you at a 1st grade level, you still either don't understand or refuse to understand. You just plug your ears, close your eyes and stomp your feet...just like a 1st grader.

Well, please explain to this idiot this simple concept. What do you expect to happen? Please articulate some specifics about what you want the government to do to address this problem. In that, please explain what you expect the results to be. Provide some historical proof that your plan will glean results in reducing gun crimes; especially the type that happened at Sandy Hook.

I think my questions are honest questions because, based on past laws, I really don’t know what you folks want to be done that will actually fix the problem.

donbarzini

common sense know an assualt weapons ban won't stop mass shootings. But it will reduce the likelihood of their occurance.

Based on recent polls, the majority of the country feels differently.

Please enlighten us, Oh wise one. Please tell us we beseech you, Thomas Payne. How did you arrive at that conclusion?

And by whom were these unquoted polls conducted.

I ask, not as a challenge to you oh Great One. I just wish you would share your wisdom with the great unwashed. Please.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Oh and to answer you ridiculous questions...those with common sense know an assualt weapons ban won't stop mass shootings. But it will reduce the likelihood of their occurance.

Given that the assault weapons ban that existed in the 90s didn’t stop the Columbine massacre, can you are be more specific how such a ban will reduce the likelihood that it will happen again?

bcp

In My Opinion
Well, please explain to this idiot this simple concept. What do you expect to happen? Please articulate some specifics about what you want the government to do to address this problem. In that, please explain what you expect the results to be. Provide some historical proof that your plan will glean results in reducing gun crimes; especially the type that happened at Sandy Hook.

I think my questions are honest questions because, based on past laws, I really don’t know what you folks want to be done that will actually fix the problem.

To me, it looks like every time the government steps in to fix something, they only make it worse, regardless of party doing the fixing.
My suggestion for fixing the gun crime issue is to have the government back out, let the states handle it with their police and let the 2nd Amendment work as intended.
Saying that guns are illegal or banned is not going to take them off the street. It would be 100 years before the number of handguns dropped. Besides anyone half decent around a machine shop can always make their own handgun.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Most importantly, those with common sense know beyond a shadow of any doubt that your right to own any weapon you choose with the maximum magazine capacity and highest possible rate of fire does not, under any circumstance, take priority over a 7 year old's right to a future!

How does my owning an AR-15 take priority over a 7 year old’s right to a future? Since there are millions that own ‘assault’ weapons in the US in a legal, peaceful, law-abiding way, you’re proposing all of them are depriving a 7 year old from their right to a future because of one mentally ill individual?

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Oh and to answer you ridiculous questions...those with common sense know an assault weapons ban won't stop mass shootings. But it will reduce the likelihood of their occurance.

Assault weapons are currently banned in CT.