Fear for Gun owners.......

BigBlue

Gun-control advocates blast NRA statement

Gun-control advocates reacted with incredulity at the statements by Wayne LaPierre, executive vice president of the National Rifle Association, at his Friday press conference. LaPierre called for armed guards in every school in the nation and blamed violent media, video games, films and music videos, not guns, for violence in society.

"It was absolutely outrageous,' said Shannon Watts, who founded One Million Moms for Gun Control just five days ago. "They are about to see a tsunami of 84 million angry moms coming out at them. Angry moms like they have never seen before. We are going to do for gun control what Mothers Against Drunk Driving did for drunk drivers."

The Zionsville, Ind. stay-at-home mother of five was so angry and frustrated after the Newtown shootings that she started a Facebook page and website. Her group now has 8,000 members and 50 chapters. "Every day we get a request for 20 new chapters," she said.

Congress has been running scared of the NRA, "but the NRA only has 4 million members, she said. "Ask them in four weeks who they're more scared of, the NRA or a mom? It's going to be the mom."

"We're seeing ridiculous laws that are written to allow guns in our churches and our schools. It's time for the 84 million mothers in American to say enough," she said. She doesn't want to ban guns. "We understand about the Second Amendment, but it was written in 1791, before AK47s." America needs common sense, she said. "I can't buy an unlimited amount of fertilizer or Sudafed, but I can buy unlimited ammunition. Really?"

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
All the typical leftys have blasted his statement

... but it doesn't make what he said less true

NextJen

Raisin cane
Maybe I'll start a group called Mayhem or Magazines (MOMs).

It will be a group of concerned, conservative women who support our Constitution and care about the safety of our children. We will push for a sensible approach to find solutions to stop the amount of violent crimes committed by the thugs and mentally ill that surround us.

bcp

In My Opinion
"I can't buy an unlimited amount of fertilizer or Sudafed, but I can buy unlimited ammunition. Really?"
Really you cow slut.
Drugs and fertilizer are not constitutional rights
Guns are.

Besides, schools are gun free zones. exactly how well is that working for you?

as a matter of fact, havent all but maybe one of these mass shooting been in a gun free zone?

bcp

In My Opinion
Hey Big Blow; If mothers (& fathers) did their job correctly, none of this gun madness would be happening. Please take your stupidity to the liberal forum: www.toostupidtoposthere.com

How can parents do their job correctly?
Liberals have lowered the morals in the country by insisting that filth during prime time on tv is a freedom of speech issue
liberals have made law that you cant spank a kid or slap them
liberals have made it standard procedure to let criminals off and turn them back into society.

And now liberals want to cry and point fingers because the ignorance that they insisted on is coming to full fruition

liberals are a truly disgusting breed. Willing to bet that the majority of the mass murderers were raised in a liberal family.

Starman3000m

Gun-control advocates blast NRA statement

Gun-control advocates reacted with incredulity at the statements by Wayne LaPierre, executive vice president of the National Rifle Association, at his Friday press conference. LaPierre called for armed guards in every school in the nation and blamed violent media, video games, films and music videos, not guns, for violence in society...

(article excerpts)
Back in high school,... Lanza once made a class presentation about how to change the folders in Microsoft Windows different colors. He did it without saying a word, just demonstrating the steps on a screen.

Someone in the class brought in a video game called "Counter-Strike," a first-person shooting video game in which players compete against each other as either terrorists or counter-terrorists, Frost said.

Lanza "seemed pretty interested in the game," Frost recalled, and would play it with other students. He remembers the weapons Lanza chose: an M4 military-style assault rifle and a Glock handgun.

During the rampage at the school, Lanza used a military-style assault rifle and carried handguns, authorities said.

Newtown Observes Moment Of Silence One Week After Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting

Last edited:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Someone in the class brought in a video game called "Counter-Strike," a first-person shooting video game in which players compete against each other as either terrorists or counter-terrorists, Frost said.

Lanza "seemed pretty interested in the game," Frost recalled, and would play it with other students. He remembers the weapons Lanza chose: an M4 military-style assault rifle and a Glock handgun.

During the rampage at the school, Lanza used a military-style assault rifle and carried handguns, authorities said.

Wow, in a military first person shooter game, the kid chose a military style weapon.

...his other option was to not play the game

BigBlue

Keep crying, they are coming after the guns.

Urban advocates say new gun control talk overdue | General Headlines | Comcast

It took a small-town slaughter for gun control to become a political priority. Now, decades' worth of big-city arguments against easy access to guns are finally being heard, because an unstable young man invaded an elementary school in Newtown, Conn., with a military-style assault rifle and 30-bullet magazines. Twenty young children and six adults were slain.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Keep crying, they are coming after the guns.

I doubt if they come after anybody's guns. It wouldn't turn out well in large portions of the country and demonstrate the need for the very guns you want banned

In her column Monday, Drummond wrote about 7-year-old Heaven Sutton of Chicago, who was standing next to her mother selling candy when she was killed in the crossfire of a gang shootout. Also in Chicago, which has been plagued by a recent spike in gun violence: 6-year-old Aaliyah Shell was caught in a drive-by while standing on her front porch; and 13-year-old Tyquan Tyler was killed when a someone in a car shot into a group of youths outside a party.

This is from your link and demonstrates exactly what happens EVERY time the restrictions you want are enacted

Last edited:

BigBlue

I doubt if they come after anybody's guns. It wouldn't turn out well in large portions of the country and demonstrate the need for the very guns you want banned

This is from your link and demonstrates exactly what happens EVERY time the restrictions you want are enacted

Ah no, it just explans why the guns need to go.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Ah no, it just explans why the guns need to go.

You do realize that nobody is proposing anything more than a few restrictions on what guns are sold and what magazines sold for them...right?

No guns will "go"..

No..you probably don't. :killingme