Good enough for our wealthy elitists

PsyOps

Pixelated
... but not for you and me, the ordinary citizen.

Meet the Press

Gregory, in his pompous and combative way, makes it obvious he is against having armed guards in our schools; that it really wont work.

Interestingly enough he sends his kids to the same school that the Obama’s send their kids to, where there are armed guards and secret service at this school. What’s good enough for elitists like David Gregory isn’t good enough for the rest of us slugs.

The same elitists that are calling for gun control (our Hollywood crowd, our very important politicians, our pinheaded reporters…) seem worthy for armed protection but the rest of us? Well, we’ll just have to figure out how to survive in the next crazed shootout.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
... but not for you and me, the ordinary citizen.

Meet the Press

Gregory, in his pompous and combative way, makes it obvious he is against having armed guards in our schools; that it really wont work.

Interestingly enough he sends his kids to the same school that the Obama’s send their kids to, where there are armed guards and secret service at this school. What’s good enough for elitists like David Gregory isn’t good enough for the rest of us slugs.

The same elitists that are calling for gun control (our Hollywood crowd, our very important politicians, our pinheaded reporters…) seem worthy for armed protection but the rest of us? Well, we’ll just have to figure out how to survive in the next crazed shootout.

We talk a lot about what the GOP did wrong, at least I do. I also try to offer solutions, opinions on what should have done and what we should be doing. You and I ask that a lot, what do we DO and here is a perfect opportunity.

We should be receptive and eager for someone to walk out there and say, in no uncertain terms;

"It is wrong for the president of the United States of America to suggest something as specious and provenly futile as 'gun control', and more of it, should be the solution for YOUR children when he makes damn sure his kids are surrounded by good, armed men all the time. Yes, his kids are a special case, the children of the President of the United States of America but, are his kids THAT much more special and important than yours? We can afford to send our young men, armed, good young men, off to make other peoples lives better, all over the globe, yet that is a no no for YOUR kids? For MY kids? I would respectfully remind the president that this is supposed to be a government of the people, by the people and for the people, and that that includes his kids and it damn well should include ours."

But, already, GOP types are lambasting the NRA and their stance basically saying those very things.

THIS is yet another moment, yet another golden opportunity, a simple issue with a simple solution, PROTECT OUR CHILDREN IN PUBLIC, a clear cut responsibility of good government, and, where are we on this? Where is the leadership? Where is the god damn leadership??? Off consulting polls somewhere???

:tap:

glhs837

Power with Control
Where is the leadership? Where is the god damn leadership??? Off consulting polls somewhere???

See, we get here like this. If you vote principle instead of politics, you are throwing away your vote and letting the other side win. And we accept politicians instead off statesmen because politicians are the creatures of the selfish. "Bringin home the bacon". "Screw the rest of the country, I got for me and mine!!!! "Oh well, he/she's a politician, what did you expect"

I am amazed that as parents, most folks understand you generally get what you expect out of children, but cant apply this simple rule to the people they want to represent them. The solution? Only one I can see is strict term limits, make elected public office a way-point on a lifes journey, not a destination. "You need me to be your representative because I have been doing this for +20 years" should not e possible. Come from private life, serve, then GTFO back to private life.

stew77

Obama has never thought: Of the people, by the people and FOR the people; it has always been about him and his beliefs, they do not go with the majority of beliefs of the American People. Sure he was reelected, but that is from all of the people who wanted a hand out, and expect to get it. Absolutely the worst President I have ever been alive for; and I thought Carter was bad, Obama tops that! Too bad the 51% who voted for him will wake up someday (soon) and realize, perhaps they screwed up!!! And have to pay for their choices!

Larry Gude

Strung Out
See, we get here like this. If you vote principle instead of politics, you are throwing away your vote and letting the other side win. And we accept politicians instead off statesmen because politicians are the creatures of the selfish. "Bringin home the bacon". "Screw the rest of the country, I got for me and mine!!!! "Oh well, he/she's a politician, what did you expect"

I am amazed that as parents, most folks understand you generally get what you expect out of children, but cant apply this simple rule to the people they want to represent them. The solution? Only one I can see is strict term limits, make elected public office a way-point on a lifes journey, not a destination. "You need me to be your representative because I have been doing this for +20 years" should not e possible. Come from private life, serve, then GTFO back to private life.

There already are term limits; if you lose the next election, you're limited. This was, and is, about we, the people. It is the dumb and unreasonable to vote for Les Evil AND THEN act like it's someone elses fault when you're not happy with the results. So what if the other guys win when our guys winning means their ideas won anyway?

Gun control is a simple, easy, no brainer; more laws are NOT the answer. A good man or two or 10 protecting them is and it is just that simple. Boehner, McConnell, Cantor, McCain, all of them, if they really are Republicans, respect the constitution and reasonable thought, ought to be out there long and loud supporting the NRA's position right now.

Right now.

donbarzini

We talk a lot about what the GOP did wrong, at least I do. I also try to offer solutions, opinions on what should have done and what we should be doing. You and I ask that a lot, what do we DO and here is a perfect opportunity.

We should be receptive and eager for someone to walk out there and say, in no uncertain terms;

"It is wrong for the president of the United States of America to suggest something as specious and provenly futile as 'gun control', and more of it, should be the solution for YOUR children when he makes damn sure his kids are surrounded by good, armed men all the time. Yes, his kids are a special case, the children of the President of the United States of America but, are his kids THAT much more special and important than yours? We can afford to send our young men, armed, good young men, off to make other peoples lives better, all over the globe, yet that is a no no for YOUR kids? For MY kids? I would respectfully remind the president that this is supposed to be a government of the people, by the people and for the people, and that that includes his kids and it damn well should include ours."

But, already, GOP types are lambasting the NRA and their stance basically saying those very things.

THIS is yet another moment, yet another golden opportunity, a simple issue with a simple solution, PROTECT OUR CHILDREN IN PUBLIC, a clear cut responsibility of good government, and, where are we on this? Where is the leadership? Where is the god damn leadership??? Off consulting polls somewhere???

For Chrissake would you run for office?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
For Chrissake would you run for office?

I would find that flattering if I was a bit more narcissistic. :diva:

However, one of the many great benefits I get from the forums is a clear understanding of just how many people disagree with me.

What would be really fun is if, say, George Soro's secretly backed me in '16 so it would really illustrate the GOP as the party of kooks with an idea that his next candidate on the left would win but win big, that I'd cripple the eventual GOP nominee, but, it backfired and, absent the filter of the media, speaking my mind directly to the public, it took off and those 100,000,000 I talk about all said "I disagree with a lot of what this ####### has to say but, he is NOT in the tank for Wall Street or the unions or the greens or oil and really seems to take this whole 'we, the people' thing seriously and that is good enough."

And I win. And you got a job. And Tilted. And Psy. And NH is my press guy. And a few others! And we form a more perfect union! :buddies:

Maybe I am narcissistic enough??? :lmao:

PsyOps

Pixelated

People like Obama do not see this government as “of the people, by the people and for the people”; if he did, Obamacare would have NEVER been even a wet dream for him. I know you’re tempted to throw at me your typical “Bush did it too” bit, but right now we’re not talking about Bush.

We always have to keep in mind about what Obama meant by “Fundamentally transform this country”. I can recall back to when I heard this and thought “*fundamentally*? What does that mean?” The fundamentals of this country are found in the constitution. He wants to do something – transform/CHANGE – to our constitution. Well, it doesn’t need changing. But that is his intent. He is not interested in the people and the power vested in them by the constitution; he is interested in amassing more power to the government; which means revoking more power from the people.

The shooting at Sandy Hook is nothing more than an opportunity to Obama. And the message has been framed accordingly; and everyone is following in lock-step behind him not even realizing what his underlying intent is.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
People like Obama do not see this government as “of the people, by the people and for the people”; if he did, Obamacare would have NEVER been even a wet dream for him. I know you’re tempted to throw at me your typical “Bush did it too” bit, but right now we’re not talking about Bush.

We always have to keep in mind about what Obama meant by “Fundamentally transform this country”. I can recall back to when I heard this and thought “*fundamentally*? What does that mean?” The fundamentals of this country are found in the constitution. He wants to do something – transform/CHANGE – to our constitution. Well, it doesn’t need changing. But that is his intent. He is not interested in the people and the power vested in them by the constitution; he is interested in amassing more power to the government; which means revoking more power from the people.

The shooting at Sandy Hook is nothing more than an opportunity to Obama. And the message has been framed accordingly; and everyone is following in lock-step behind him not even realizing what his underlying intent is.

If nothing else, Mr. Secretary of State, can we at least agree that we agree that Obama is a ding dong?

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
The only thing I would suggest (because I agree with what's being said here) is that the original intent (of the Government structure and Constitution) was for "the several states" to do this kind of thing - local governments putting the guards in the schools, instead of bringing the issue to the feds. And putting cops and/or armed guards in schools is long overdue, and shame on governments of places like PG county and others for not doing it yet. Some cities have been doing it for decades, driven by necessity (though I wonder sometimes whether or not it was to protect the teachers and staff from the students).

Larry Gude

Strung Out
The only thing I would suggest (because I agree with what's being said here) is that the original intent (of the Government structure and Constitution) was for "the several states" to do this kind of thing - local governments putting the guards in the schools, instead of bringing the issue to the feds. And putting cops and/or armed guards in schools is long overdue, and shame on governments of places like PG county and others for not doing it yet. Some cities have been doing it for decades, driven by necessity (though I wonder sometimes whether or not it was to protect the teachers and staff from the students).

I have NO problem with debating original intent and no problem recognizing that today, cell phones, man portable death rays, computers, hell, flight, electricity, internal combustion and nukes, the founders would, obviously, have a more educated view and reasoned out view of the second amendment. They would absolutely see where New York might not want its citizens to have an Abraham's AND see where Arizona would say 'sure, just no shooting after dusk'.

What they would not, in my view, what they would not even contemplate in this world of technological marvels is a stone age, backwards, mind numbing idea like abolishing the right to keep and bear ALL arms and, as we know, that is what the left wants. It's just that simple. Hi cap 'clips' and 'assault' weapons and more and more laws are nothing more than inane distractions that make life easier for the deranged to kill again.

It's just that simple. Whatever we do with mental illness, whatever we do legislatively, disarmament will not, does not and can not keep a kid safe.

PsyOps

Pixelated
If nothing else, Mr. Secretary of State, can we at least agree that we agree that Obama is a ding dong?

I will absolutely concede Obama is a ding dong if you’ll simply do the same with Bush. The problem is, just as you refuse to allow anyone to fall sleep on the damage Bush did, I refuse to sleep on the damage Obama is doing. Do we talk about it now, while it’s happening, or do we talk about it later when it’s too late and nothing can be done about the damage? Ding dong or not, he is president and able to do much damage.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I will absolutely concede Obama is a ding dong if you’ll simply do the same with Bush. The problem is, just as you refuse to allow anyone to fall sleep on the damage Bush did, I refuse to sleep on the damage Obama is doing. Do we talk about it now, while it’s happening, or do we talk about it later when it’s too late and nothing can be done about the damage? Ding dong or not, he is president and able to do much damage.

No deal. I think it is worth constantly keeping in mind both of them and just how alike their decisions and results are. You made your point and I agree.

:buddies: