John Lott Destroys CNN's Soledad O'Brien

cwo_ghwebb

No Use for Donk Twits
Mass shootings in the United States have at least one thing in common: they all happen in in gun free zones. Yesterday economist and author of More Guns Less Crime John Lott went on CNN with anchor Soledad O'Brien to discuss why mass shootings occur in gun free zones. O'Brien as usual, wasn't interested in factual data Lott was presenting and continually cut him off as he was making his points.
John Lott, the gun advocate who recently had a heated encounter with Piers Morgan, spoke to Soledad O'Brien on Monday morning — continuing to make his pro-gun argument. O'Brien had a hard time stomaching Lott's perspective, telling him she simply does not understand it.

The common feature across such attacks, Lott said, is that, with few exceptions, they've occurred where guns have been banned. "But there's more than one thing in common, right?" O'Brien asked, adding that they're armed, often with semi-automatic weapons.

The point, Lott underlined, is that these "gun-free" pockets are the ones that are targeted. Specifically, he spoke about the gunman who chose the movie theater in Aurora, as opposed to other nearby theaters. O'Brien countered that Lott hasn't spoken to him and has no way of knowing the gunman's thought process. "How do you know that?" she asked. "You don't know that."
John Lott Destroys CNN's Soledad O'Brien on Gun Free Zones - Katie Pavlich

Soledad is usually quite clueless. I really don't want to speculate just how she got this gig.

philibusters

John Lott was for the most part a no name researcher who did research on guns, but who never had the creditials to get interviewed by the media. Then the best selling book Freakonomics made him famous when the authors singled out his work for attack, which lead to law suits and him becoming semi famous.

cwo_ghwebb

No Use for Donk Twits
John Lott was for the most part a no name researcher who did research on guns, but who never had the creditials to get interviewed by the media. Then the best selling book Freakonomics made him famous when the authors singled out his work for attack, which lead to law suits and him becoming semi famous.

Lott, who received his PhD from UCLA, has taught at six universities and served as chief economist for the United States Sentencing Commission. He has had positions in business schools, law schools, economics departments, and public policy programs, and he is drawn to research subjects that are part of public-policy debates. In addition to his work on guns, he has examined the effect of campaign contributions on elected officials’ voting records (negligible, he says) and the consequences of affirmative-action programs on the effectiveness of police departments (significantly negative).
Yale Alumni Magazine: Take “professor” John Lott

Lott's credentials as detailed by the Yale Alumni Magazine.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Soledad is usually quite clueless. I really don't want to speculate just how she got this gig.

Sheer iron stomach. Seriously, could you get on national TV and make a fool out of yourself, day after day after day after day...?

Well Soledad can.

This is what I'm talking about in the other thread, why it's pointless to try and argue with these people. They can out-dummy you every day and twice on Sundays. They have zero shame and zero integrity, and they are not hesitant to prove it.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
Sheer iron stomach. Seriously, could you get on national TV and make a fool out of yourself, day after day after day after day...?

Well Soledad can.

This is what I'm talking about in the other thread, why it's pointless to try and argue with these people. They can out-dummy you every day and twice on Sundays. They have zero shame and zero integrity, and they are not hesitant to prove it.

Bill Bennett was right when he wrote "The Death of Outrage."

PsyOps

Pixelated
The liberal press has been given their marching orders. O’Brien stuck to the typical talking points “Assault rifles are the problem”.

I wish Lott had his facts a little bit more readily available… Here is a list of mass shootings that occurred in the US since Columbine. There were 29 ‘mass shootings’ since Columbine. Of them, 6 involved assault rifles. 22 had no assault rifles at all. One I wasn’t able to determine the weapon. If you include the Sandy Hook shooting it is 7 with assault rifles (and that is now in dispute).

The one shooting that should stick out in everyone’s mind is the one at Virginia Tech (by Seung-Hui Choi). It is THE MOST deadly school shooting in American history. Choi managed to butcher 32 people.

I bet if you asked folks how he managed to kill so many everyone would say he had to have some sort of military-style assault rifle. Nope! Two (2) handguns. Two pistols.

And somehow the narrative is being obsessed with banning the one weapon that is used the least.

Last edited:

bcp

In My Opinion
The liberal press has been given their marching orders. O’Brien stuck to the typical talking points “Assault rifles are the problem”.

I wish Lott had his facts a little bit more readily available… Here is a list of mass shootings that occurred in the US since Columbine. There were 29 ‘mass shootings’ since Columbine. Of them, 6 involved assault rifles. 22 had no assault rifles at all. One I wasn’t able to determine the weapon. If you include the Sandy Hook shooting it is 7 with assault rifles (and that is now in dispute).

The one shooting that should stick out in everyone’s mind is the one at Virginia Tech (by Seung-Hui Choi). It is THE MOST deadly school shooting in American history. Choi managed to butcher 32 people.

I bet if you asked folks how he managed to kill so many everyone would say he had to have some sort of military-style assault rifle. Nope! Two (2) handguns. Two pistols.

And somehow the narrative is being obsessed with banning the one weapon that is used the least.

You cant take down the wall if you dont pull the first brick.
Besides, the government is not worried about saving any lives, its only concerned with people being able to defend themselves against the government.