Liberals Panic As They Lose the Gun Narrative

cwo_ghwebb

No Use for Donk Twits
When you argue for a living, you can tell how an argument is going for you. The evidence and my gut both tell me that the liberals have lost control of the gun control narrative. Not for lack of trying – it was almost as if they were poised to leap into action across the political, media and cultural spectrum the second the next semi-human creep shot up another “gun free zone.” This was their big opening to shift the debate and now it’s closing. They’ve lost, and they are going nuts.

The evidence is all around that this is not going to be the moment where America begins a slide into disarmed submission through an endless series of ever-harsher “reasonable restrictions” on our fundamental rights. You just have to look past the shrieking media harpies to see what’s really happening.

Let’s start with the most obvious omen that this tsunami has peaked. President Obama thrilled his base by grandstanding at the memorial, and then promptly washed his hands of it by handing it over to a “blue ribbon commission.” Making Joe Biden its chairman was like staking a vampire through the heart, then hosing him down with holy water before burying his body beneath the Gilroy Garlic Festival.
Liberals Panic As They Lose the Gun Narrative - Kurt Schlichter - [page]

A different perspective on the gun control issue.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
So, where is Beohner? McConnell? McCain? Bush 43? Cantor? Anyone on the right, big names, willing to, now that the parade has formed, jump out front and pretend to be a leader?

If they truly are politicians, now is the time to jump and this is what is so troubling about the GOP; they don't even act like politicians, jumping on it when they have advantage. It's simply not easy to see what they believe in other than Wall street, war and the person-hood of huge corporations.

CrashTest

So, where is Beohner? McConnell? McCain? Bush 43? Cantor? Anyone on the right, big names, willing to, now that the parade has formed, jump out front and pretend to be a leader?

Guys like that have tried for years to talk about the benefits of resorting a conservative, faith-based culture in our country and it's been rejected by progressives. The "problem" we have now is with our culture, not with our guns (IMO). It's the culture progressives wanted, and now they've got it.

Hey - where's the next MMA fight? I'm so mad, I just want to beat the crap outta someone.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member

If they truly are politicians, now is the time to jump and this is what is so troubling about the GOP; they don't even act like politicians, jumping on it when they have advantage. It's simply not easy to see what they believe in other than Wall street, war and the person-hood of huge corporations.
They were all booked, the best we could do was Wayne.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Guys like that have tried for years to talk about the benefits of resorting a conservative, faith-based culture in our country and it's been rejected by progressives. The "problem" we have now is with our culture, not with our guns (IMO). It's the culture progressives wanted, and now they've got it.

Hey - where's the next MMA fight? I'm so mad, I just want to beat the crap outta someone.

Yeah, and that's a losing argument. Always was. The 'good old days' where we had, supposedly, higher morals, we still had madmen. We still had bad people, kooks, vicious folks.

This is a nation founded on religious freedom, declared by the statement that we are all endowed with certain inalienable rights by OUR creator, not THE creator. That is why the constitution is not the Koran. That is why the constitution focuses on the individual rights and implicit in religious freedom is the right to believe freely.

We might wanna consider focusing on all our rights and stop looking for scapegoats that don't exist and, worse, have not been and will not be the path to forming a more perfect union.

:buddies:

CrashTest

Yeah, and that's a losing argument. Always was. The 'good old days' where we had, supposedly, higher morals, we still had madmen. We still had bad people, kooks, vicious folks.

Yea - but back in the day, if you had a kook, he was called a kook and he was dealt with. Nowadays, people are afraid to call a kook a kook and everyone has to get a trophy to make them feel good because progressives want it that way.

I'm Nidal Hasan and I approved this message.

Attachments

• Hassan.JPG
    Hassan.JPG
    29.9 KB · Views: 62

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Yea - but back in the day, if you had a kook, he was called a kook and he was dealt with. Nowadays, people are afraid to call a kook a kook and everyone has to get a trophy to make them feel good because progressives want it that way.

I'm Nidal Hasan and I approved this message.

So, the solution seems to me to be to tell people arguing to destroy the constitution to #### off. That makes me feel good.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
. . . who has done an admirable job of it in their absence.
Your right, I shouldn't have put it as fecetiously as I did, it was only in response to Larry's request for a big name politician as a banner carrier.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Your right, I shouldn't have put it as fecetiously as I did, it was only in response to Larry's request for a big name politician as a banner carrier.

I think one thing that ought to be common in terms of definition is that any 'big name' politician, at least these days, is NOT a leader and is nothing but a banner carrier waiting to be told, or paid, to carry a given banner.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
So, the solution seems to me to be to tell people arguing to destroy the constitution to #### off. That makes me feel good.

Wouldn't it be better to place the mentally ill in hospitals specifically-designed to contain and treat them for their mental illness? Wouldn't the clientele of several of those specifically-designed hospitals house many of those now trying to destroy the constitution?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Wouldn't it be better to place the mentally ill in hospitals specifically-designed to contain and treat them for their mental illness? Wouldn't the clientele of several of those specifically-designed hospitals house many of those now trying to destroy the constitution?

It would be cheaper, and more better, if they just got shot by their intended victims.

We have enormous issues here of liberty and more government power is NOT the solution be it asylums or JUST more cops. More cops is a good idea, more good guys with guns. However, that needs to be coupled with the individual freedom and liberty to keep and bear arms. If you are gay, female, live in a bad neighborhood, are worried that your next door neighbor is a kook who might burn his own house down to kill firemen, exercising ones right to keep and bear arms is the larger issue.

No good guy who is murdered because his government refuses him his inalienable right can be addressed by more government the next time.

Further, do we really want a return to the One Flew Over the Cookoo's Nest or Kennedy family lobotomy era where it was easier to just abuse power and lock folks up who may be a bit kooky but, not dangerous?

bcp

In My Opinion
Further, do we really want a return to the One Flew Over the Cookoo's Nest or Kennedy family lobotomy era where it was easier to just abuse power and lock folks up who may be a bit kooky but, not dangerous?

Yes, but if we do that, Congress will be out of session until we can elect some new people.

glhs837

Power with Control
Town Hall ,pee wee herman know more then they do.Point...David Gregory Mocks NRA Leader for Proposing Armed Guards in Schools But Sends His Kids to a School with 11 Armed Guards.

Guards at Sidwell are not armed,but hey .........you right wing nuts don't like facts anyway!!!

And you know this how? Of course we wont talk about the secret service, thats irrelevant, but what do you have to show what you claim?

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Town Hall ,pee wee herman know more then they do.Point...David Gregory Mocks NRA Leader for Proposing Armed Guards in Schools But Sends His Kids to a School with 11 Armed Guards.

Guards at Sidwell are not armed,but hey .........you right wing nuts don't like facts anyway!!!

:killingme Guess you're not working since you're obviously getting stupid drunk tonight