Chris Christie tears Congress a new ess-whole

DipStick

Keep Calm and Don't Care!
Looks like Chris Christie's verbal asskicking got the ball rolling.

CBS News; @CBSNews said:
JUST IN: NJ, NY reps say speaker Boehner has commited to two Sandy-aid packages to be voted on this month

Christy

b*tch rocket
Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't that bill filled with pork? Millions going to States and their pet projects that had nothing to do with this disaster?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't that bill filled with pork? Millions going to States and their pet projects that had nothing to do with this disaster?

I notice none of them have come on to correct you. :shrug:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Is anyone every gonna ask Chris Christie why storm damage in his state is EVERYONE elses problem? I don't get to vote in New Jersey. Or New Orleans. I should no more have to pay for their decisions, zoning, development, insurance regulations, than they should have to pay for it if my greenhouse collapses under snow.

Is anyone every gonna put this clown in his place?

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
I don't understand how these people who built right on the water didn't have insurance. They own an expensive piece of property in an expensive state and they want me to buy them a new fancy house? They should have insurance.

thatguy

Wirelessly posted

Larry Gude said:
Is anyone every gonna ask Chris Christie why storm damage in his state is EVERYONE elses problem? I don't get to vote in New Jersey. Or New Orleans. I should no more have to pay for their decisions, zoning, development, insurance regulations, than they should have to pay for it if my greenhouse collapses under snow.

Is anyone every gonna put this clown in his place?

If you watched his speech he pretty much explained his reasoning. Th basic premise, nj,ny, and CT all have pretty high revenue input into the fed, they have also always voted for relief for other states when they needed it even though they don't usually get affected by natural disasters. He feels that turn about is fair play. They helped when it was their turn to do so, now that they need help they think those reps from other states should step up. That was his basic reasoning anyway

Last edited:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I don't understand how these people who built right on the water didn't have insurance. They own an expensive piece of property in an expensive state and they want me to buy them a new fancy house? They should have insurance.

And it's not my fault, or yours, what the rules are in new Jersey. Or the consequences of them.

Is anyone ever gonna put this whiny blowhard in his place???

BOP

I notice none of them have come on to correct you. :shrug:

That's because they think it's just hunky-dory that Congress continues to spend, spend, spend like drunken crack whores (no offense to drunken crack whores for comparing them to congress-critters).

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Wirelessly posted

If you watched his speech he pretty much explained his reasoning. Th basic premise, nj,ny, and CT all have pretty high revenue input into the fed, they have also always voted for relief for other states when they needed it even though they don't usually get affected by natural disasters. He feels that turn about is fair play. They helped when it was their turn to do so, now that they need help they think those reps from other states should step up. That was his basic reasoning anyway

I see. So because NJ has not protected it's citizens from excess taxation from the federal government, because NJ has gone along and pledged your money for my problems in the past, now that they have yet again not minded their own business, yet again not acted in the interest of their own citizens, it is everyone elses problem?

So, I ask again, why?

NJ has nearly 9 million citizens. That's about $7 grand per person. This is the cost of their policies. Pay it. Tax your citizens. Deal with your problems.

I don't get to vote there. They don't get to vote here.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Christie reinforces what we already knew, that he is a republican in name only.

No. He is very much a Republican. Med part D, DHS, TSA, Patriot Act, $150 oil, auto bailout, losing wars, TARP. This is what Republicans do. But, that's not the question.

The question is why is this everyone elses problem when we don't even get a vote in NJ?

thatguy

Wirelessly posted

Larry Gude said:
Wirelessly posted

I see. So because NJ has not protected it's citizens from excess taxation from the federal government, because NJ has gone along and pledged your money for my problems in the past, now that they have yet again not minded their own business, yet again not acted in the interest of their own citizens, it is everyone elses problem?

So, I ask again, why?

NJ has nearly 9 million citizens. That's about $7 grand per person. This is the cost of their policies. Pay it. Tax your citizens. Deal with your problems.

I don't get to vote there. They don't get to vote here.

I am just telling you what his, and other representatives', arguments are.

While you don't get a vote in their state, all of our congressmen get to vote on any relief and that is pretty equitable. As is said inthe other thread, the precedent has been set that the fed does help in these cases.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Wirelessly posted

I am just telling you what his, and other representatives', arguments are.

While you don't get a vote in their state, all of our congressmen get to vote on any relief and that is pretty equitable. As is said inthe other thread, the precedent has been set that the fed does help in these cases.

I am telling you that that is the direct path to more poor governance, to perpetuating the problems, to institutionalizing dependence.